SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Marketing and Advertising
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marketing and Advertising Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted
I hate it. Here's a list of my current complaints:

1. Websites that try to market to you when you're already shopping there. Brownells is the worst at this. I go there to get something specific and I have to clear 4-5 popups advertising their own site just to be able to access the page. Get out of my face!

2. Just got an email from Amazon telling me that they're going to start putting ads into prime video unless I pay an extra fee to exempt myself. I thought I was already paying for that, but oh well...sounds like it's about time to cancel the prime account.

3. Super loud and stupid advertisements in the middle of my podcasts. Usually for online gambling or sports betting, which there is zero chance I am ever going to partake in.

4. Incredibly long and pointless ads for prescription medication that I do not need, and even if I did would be up to my Dr. to prescribe, not up to me as the consumer to purchase.

5. Websites (now even vendor websites, not just ad-driven content sites) that check for popup blockers and refuse to load without disabling or whitelisting them. If your website does this, I'm automatically going elsewhere.

That's just a few specific examples off the top of my head...give me a few minutes and I'm sure I can come up with more. If a company wants my business, they can stop bothering me and wasting my time with BS. I already know what I like, and if I'm looking to buy something different or unusual I'll do my own research. Make a quality product that I want to buy, have detailed and honest information about the product somewhere that I can easily access it at my convenience (preferably with third-party reviews), and have the product available when I need it. That's how you make a sale...not by behaving like a digital drunken asshole and interrupting my day all the time.

While I'm on the topic, thanks Para for keeping that stuff off this page. This is one of the few places left on the net where you can come and not be bombarded with that crap.

Posts: 8595 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The louder the advertisement, the stupider they think the customer is.

Online gambling, Title Pawns, Toyotathon, Etc...

Posts: 9160 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
I have noticed with DirecTV that whenever I change channels there is a pause, then goes to a commercial first. Seems to add 5 minutes or so to the scheduled programs, then resets. Turner classic and maybe a couple of channels are the rare exception due to no commercials. I'm tired of paying for commercials.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The commercials for prescription medications are the worst .

Posts: 4064 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^
I think it is a tie with Ripoff Medicare Advantage plans.

Posts: 17251 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Websites (now even vendor websites, not just ad-driven content sites) that check for popup blockers and refuse to load without disabling or whitelisting them. If your website does this, I'm automatically going elsewhere

This, in spades. I'm off to another site.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't forget Jonathon with the 9.99 plan !

Posts: 4064 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My current fave is the chick who invented a new deodorant and says how great it works on her stinky butt crack and underboobs. Eek
Second runner up is the chick who is delighted to inform me that she has had many UTIs recently while her old man stands beside her grinning.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16102 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Second runner up is the chick who is delighted to inform me that she has had many UTIs recently while her old man stands beside her grinning.

That one cracks me up too. "I've had 14 UTIs in the past year...". Well, if you took better care of your cooter there sweetheart, that wouldn't be an issue for you.

Posts: 20120 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
I found my treasures!

Sold!-Sold!!!-SOLD!!!

Posts: 2662 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
I found my treasures!

Sold!-Sold!!!-SOLD!!!

Mute ..... Big Grin