SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Postal Money Orders -- Nearly Driving Me To Go Postal
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Postal Money Orders -- Nearly Driving Me To Go Postal Login/Join 
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Here's an example of high tech that happened to me.

As a lot of folks on this board know, I travel once or twice a year and because of this I not only have the Airlines and Rental Car apps on my phone, I also have a couple of aftermarket airline/rental car/hotel/VRBO apps that are great.

Tripit is one that will let you know what's going on before the Airlines' own app or counter people do. I was at Sky Harbor, the airport in Phoenix, waiting for my plane to Honolulu. I got a notification from Tripit that my flight was delayed by two hours. I mentioned that to Mrs. Flash and some people overheard and spread the word like wildfire in the waiting lounge.

So, someone went to the airline desk and the employee there said that no, there was no delay and pointed to the board above and behind him showing the flight was on time.

Twenty minutes or so later, the board changed and the airline employee announced the plane would be delayed for 2 hours.

Another good app is my CC company app. When I use the card anywhere, even 2 or 3 thousand miles from home, I get a notification on my phone before I even get the card returned to my wallet.

Yet another is an app for the security cameras I have in and out of my house. The cameras not only record if they sense movement, they send a notification to my phone saying the camera detected movement. It takes between 1 and 3 seconds to get the notification. I had a neighbor test if for me while I was in Hawaii by walking in a zone one of my cameras looks at and telling me exactly when he walked in the zone. I got the notification 3 seconds later and was looking at him a couple seconds after that.

Then there's Open Table, a dining reservation app that I use a lot when traveling. I can make a reservation at almost any of the restaurants I dine at well in advance and for free. I don't have to call or do anything else. When I arrive, there's a table waiting for me.

There's a lot of good technology out there.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

TD Bank...America's Most Convenient Bank!
Ah, thanks. I was looking for a change, got screwed by one of The Big Ones too many times. TD was one of the contenders, but I decided to give Navy Federal Credit Union a try. 5 1/2 days, but I can live with that if they continue to be as pleasant and accommodating as they have been, so far.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
TD Bank...America's Most Convenient Bank!

TD Bank on Letterkenny <---- YouTube vid.

Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never had an issue with postal money orders but it can be difficult to cash them at post offices depending on the time of day. Trying to cash a postal money order early in the day is bad and cashing them later is the day may lead to more success. I usually just go to the bank and deposit them, it doesn't bother me to spend a few minutes inside the bank making the deposit.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I lived across the street from an Albertson's market and had several hundred cash on hand, I often paid with Western Union Money Orders. I believe the service charge was around 70 cents.

I was never told a problem by vendors or Utilities who cashed the Money Orders.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I was finally able to cash the postal money order at my bank. It was painless, aside from waiting to go when the bank was open.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post