SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The nora virus, it sucks. Bad.

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The nora virus, it sucks. Bad. Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted
Ugh. Thursday night it started.
Friday was the worst.
At least I can walk this morning. And had a cup of coffee.

Hey, did you know that if you're severely dehydrated and drink a load of ice water you'll get the cramps from hell? I mean leg muscle cramps that won't let loose for about 20 minutes!

Ugh. This is just awful. I've had a small bowl of applesauce and that's it.
When I get better, hid your horses cuz I'll eat one.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Report This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
Wow, no words. Just get well soon.

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Report This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Ya know the little bugger can be airborn........nasty.
Norovirus

In December 1998, 126 people were dining at six tables; one woman vomited onto the floor. Staff quickly cleaned up, and people continued eating. Three days later others started falling ill; 52 people reported a range of symptoms, from fever and nausea to vomiting and diarrhea. The cause was not immediately identified. Researchers plotted the seating arrangement: more than 90% of the people at the same table as the sick woman later reported becoming ill. There was a direct correlation between the risk of infection of people at other tables and how close they were to the sick woman. More than 70% of the diners at an adjacent table fell ill; at a table on the other side of the restaurant, the attack rate was still 25%. The outbreak was attributed to a Norwalk-like virus (norovirus). Other cases of transmission by vomit were later identified.[22]

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Hey, did you know that if you're severely dehydrated and drink a load of ice water you'll get the cramps from hell? I mean leg muscle cramps that won't let loose for about 20 minutes!
Painful!

Have you tried potassium tablets? They work very quickly for me when I get leg cramps at night.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30548 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
do not drink a high quantity of water all at once when dehydrated. You can quite literally die from it.

Potassium tablets are good, as are banannas for cramps. Side benefit, it'll also help you stop being able to shit through a screen door Big Grin

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Report This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
I will buy potassium tablets today.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I don't think I have ever had it, but I did have e-coli in 1982 and that near killed me.

Worst GI sick I ever had, and I have had enough, thanks to Uncles Sam's World Wide Travel Club.
(* meals not included...)

Don't drink the water, eat the food, screw the women, pet the dogs, touch anything, breathe the air...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
I had Montezumas revenge once.
That was nothing compared to this.
Cipro™ fixed that.

Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
potassium

This is what helped me,The flue has kicked my ass for weeks,I laid around so much both legs from my knees down ached 100% of the time.
I got desperate and drank pickle juice for days[it helped]
Got to the store and bought a bottle of potassium and two days later I was off the pickle juice.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
Got to the store and bought a bottle of potassium and two days later I was off the pickle juice.

You call it that, too?

Get well, SC.

Have your brother start on some of his Brunswick Stew for when you are ready for that horse.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
I will buy potassium tablets today.
My wife and I have a thermal incompatibility. I get cold when I sleep, she gets warm.

She needs the ceiling fan running, most nights. The draft causes leg cramps for me, so I'm frequently up, maybe a couple of hours after I go to bed. I hobble painfully into the kitchen, take a potassium tablet with a drink of room temperature water, and the leg cramps are gone in a matter of minutes.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30548 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...Don't drink the water, eat the food, screw the women, pet the dogs, touch anything, breathe the air...

Sounds like the advice we got when I landed in Korea.

We couldn't find any dogs (local food) and after several weeks, the women looked really good.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Report This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
I actually finally ate today.
Everything tasted so wonderful.
So far I feel somewhat OK.

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Pedialyte is a great hydrator. Expensive, but worth it if you need it. You will be surprised how much you can drink, your body just sucks it up because it knows it needs the electrolytes within.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Report This Post