SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    B-52 Insult
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

B-52 Insult Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I was raised is southern Texas and later in southern MS. Is MS we had a radar station the was used for bombing practice and accuracy testing for SAC. We saw BUFF’s every day at
Low levels with bay door open. Great times!

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20387 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:

These improvements, including new avionics, will allow these planes to remain in the air for over a century…amazing!
They would have to bring A LOT of sandwiches!

Smile Smile Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9430 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
I wanna say there was SAC base in Rome NY, I think it had B-52s.

Griffiss, I grew up about an hour away. It was closed under BRAC about 30 years ago.

http://strategic-air-command.c...ases/Griffis_AFB.htm

A B-52G is still on display there:

https://www.rbogash.com/Griffiss/griff_b52.html
That's where the video I posted was filmed. I was there from 88-90.

Posts: 20550 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I always heard that the moniker for the F111 was Aardvark. The B58 was the first model airplane I ever built as a kid. I finally got to see a real one when I moved to Tucson. It’s on display at Pima.

New engines and new avionics make it still relevant. My good friend was a Buff driver before moving to the B1 and his last posting was the B2 out of Whiteman.

Posts: 53772 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
The B52 is, without a doubt a beautiful example of American engineering and will live a long productive life. But a B1B is more sexy,

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7271 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
I was stationed at Barksdale 1999-2002...got to walk the flightline quite a few times, including when "generation assured"...climbed up into a few of them...just awesome.

Posts: 1725 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The B-1 does do a fantastic afterburner takeoff!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16373 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post