New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corel Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Eight months ago I bought Corel's PaintShop Pro 2019 Ultimate. This was to upgrade from my old X4 version which had served me very well. Registered it online as I have with Corel products I've bought since 2004.

It's been a great tool but last week I started getting pop ups saying the serial number was bogus and that they would be crippling it soon. Contacted customer service who verified that it was a pirated S/N.

So having bought it on eBay (download plus email S/N as I have with many software packages in the past) I contacted them they gave my account full credit for the original purchase. Found a boxed version and ordered it applying the credit.

While waiting for delivery I contacted Corel Support and asked if there was a way to edit / replace the "bogus" serial number with the good one I should be getting as I didn't want to uninstall and reinstall given all my plugins and preference settings. Their Knowledge Base didn't cover this issue.

Four times I asked, making things VERY clear. Four times the #@$%^! responses were asinine ranging from "hey look at our knowledge base" to "here's how to use regedit to kill the illegal software popup." Do these #$%^&* know how to read?

Got the new package today and said screw it, copied all the plugins to a safe place, uninstalled and reinstalled the software and plugins. A bit of a PITA but more to the point time I could have spent much better elsewhere.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Frown Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well it is better than shoveling snow.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Well it is better than shoveling snow.

hahhahahahahahahaha! You got me there! Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep I sure did. LOL

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I had no idea Corel was still a thing, haven’t heard that name mentioned in years! They were at their height around 1999, IIRC.

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I can write volumes about every flaw in Corel Scrawl.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I had no idea Corel was still a thing, haven’t heard that name mentioned in years! They were at their height around 1999, IIRC.

Never used Corel myself, but I noticed they just released 2019 versions of their products for the Mac.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I have used Coreldraw since version 2.01. It is now on version 19 I believe. I had a similar problem with an update and ended up removing the new version and reinstalling version 15. No big deal as I don't use the new features. I use Coreldraw as a basic 2D CAD program for layouts and vinyl cutting.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post