SIGforum
5gl of paint now equals 4.75gl

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/9700095724

July 20, 2017, 07:21 PM
rexles
5gl of paint now equals 4.75gl
Bought some Aluminum Roof Paint for my metal barn roof at Lowe's. When did they start cheating you on paint. First it was my Oreo's and now paint.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell
July 20, 2017, 07:39 PM
sigmonkey
Well, now you have enough to paint your Oreo's without having any leftover to waste.

-sigoptimistmonkey

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
July 20, 2017, 07:41 PM
msfzoe
5 gals of paint has gone down the path blazed by the 2 x 4.
July 20, 2017, 07:46 PM
PKFan
And the 1/2 gallon of ice cream which is now 1.5 quarts.
July 20, 2017, 09:39 PM
roustabout
It's OK though. The Federal Reserve and the Dept. of Labor Statistics say prices aren't rising. You don't need any interest on savings and you don't need a pay raise. No need for any of that, because inflation is dead. Don't pay any attention to shrinking paint buckets and little ice cream containers. Nothing to see here, because everything's just awesome!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
July 21, 2017, 09:19 AM
henryaz
quote:
Originally posted by PKFan:
And the 1/2 gallon of ice cream which is now 1.5 quarts.

And after years of cheating us with ice cream, I just loved Safeway's marketing campaign when they came out with a full 1/2 gallon product, labeled "New Larger Size".

July 21, 2017, 09:28 AM
PASig
I was just cooking some spaghetti the other day and realized the "1 lb" box of spaghetti was now 12 ounces. Frown

July 21, 2017, 10:34 AM
grumpy1
A bag of Chips Ahoy is about half the size of what it was when they first came out. Probably good for my waist line though.
July 21, 2017, 11:14 AM
Bombarde32
I followed home a Ford F150 with 'Platinum' stamped on its tailgate. I suspect it was actually steel or aluminum.
July 21, 2017, 04:18 PM
Fredward
One good thing about government-bourbon still comes in fifths and halfs.
July 22, 2017, 04:42 PM
sigcrazy7
I thought paint has always been a pint low to allow for mixing or the addition of pigments.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus
July 22, 2017, 06:56 PM
zoom6zoom
Duke's proudly states their resistance to this trend right on the label.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.
July 22, 2017, 08:21 PM
C-Dubs
If they market it as tintable, then they're okay.
If they don't, and list it as 5GL, then that's deceptive, and worth some money back.

Edited for spelling as my "smart" phone spellchecker is pretty stupid.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: C-Dubs,

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”