SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Duke Energy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Duke Energy Login/Join 
posted
Paying my monthly bills. I notice I did not get my bill from Duke.
Never got the bill in the mail. I call the number on my last statement
and ask please send me another bill and I'll send a check the next day.
The phone number I called was on my last bill.
I'm talking to some young girl with three kids screaming in the background.
I guess I stupidly cave her my account number, and she asked me for for my
social security number. I said , are you fucking stupid. I'm not giving you my ssn
How does Duke Energy put a phone number on its bill that takes you to a phishing site?

Posts: 955 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Might not be a phishing site.

Calls might be going to Duke Energy customer service reps who are working from home (The Virus?).

I do agree with you about not discussing social security number for this type of thing.

Tip: You can log in to the Duke Energy website, easy enough to create an account if you don't already have one. You can see your current bill, and past bills. You can also choose the option of "Paperless Billing" -- you will receive billing notices by email instead of USPS.

I use my credit union's Online Bill Pay for this sort of thing, and the credit union offers the option of receiving the bill directly and notifying me that the bill has been received and payment is due.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I used to like paper. A lot. I filed them in my home office and I had an overflow filing cabinet in the garage.

About 5 years ago, I switched to digital everything and it's been liberating. It saves space and I can easily retrieve stuff.

I log on to company websites and download my statements. I've also set up automatic payments.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
pretty much did the same, e-bills, no more paper bills cleans up the mailbox and I get a nice reminder, click, pay, done..

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m surprised someone answered the phone. I get a robotic menu that may or may not hook you up with a actual person. That person hopefully speaks English. Very frustrating.

I go electric pay whenever possible.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post