SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I wish I didn’t overreact to things
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I wish I didn’t overreact to things Login/Join 
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Both the OP's issues that he says shouldn't have set him off... would set me off. Disrespectful that she didn't notify and ask (because that is your time) before assuming she could do something. What if the tables were reversed? Would she be so understanding?

On the work issue, I'd have responded with cc'd email chains to the boss demonstrating your part of working with said liar.

Maybe you're unreasonable about other things, but those two don't strike me as things to take it easy about.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
ZSMICHAEL, I honestly had no idea there were differences in treatment there. I may have to look into it. I would like to be less affected by previous experiences, so if I can learn ways to deal with what I’ve been shoving into a closet deep inside for nearly 50 years I think it would help.

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
There should be a fair number of Psychologists in Baltimore. Anyone can call themselves a therapist or counselor. Psychologists are licensed by the state just like physicians. You cannot call yourself a psychologist without years of training and a license to practice from the state. Just like physicians. I do not know any personally in the Baltimore area or I would give you a name.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
buddy357, this has been an interesting thread.
I'm sitting here wondering: is there one of us who is not on a short fuse these days?
Do we not all carry a baseline load of anger and frustration at what is going on politically, socially, culturally, economically in this country?
Is not the level of uncertainty about our individual and collective futures greater than at any time in our lives?
Now add to that: we are gun nuts in a time when we are being driven underground, and the media are trying to shame us into giving up our freedom. The mechanisms available to coerce us--red flag laws, breaches of privacy, social media--are stronger than ever before.
How can we not be angry? Yet we must bite our tongues and keep silent, or else.
I think only our grandchildren with their innocence and sweetness keep me sane.

Posts: 18043 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
buddy357, this has been an interesting thread.
I'm sitting here wondering: is there one of us who is not on a short fuse these days?
Do we not all carry a baseline load of anger and frustration at what is going on politically, socially, culturally, economically in this country?

Thank you for articulating this so well.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5303 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post