SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People That Get Offended When You Pass Them
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People That Get Offended When You Pass Them Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
I'll never get this phenomenon as long as I shall live. Headed to work this morning and there is a guy going 55 in the left lane for miles, I finally get tired of this and pass him on the right (yeah I know, it's not supposed to work that way) and he suddenly zooms off going like 75+ mph

I just shook my head and kept going, but these people act like you've kicked their dog and slapped their baby. I don't get it. Confused

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Ego and insecurity.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
See it all the time in the mountains. People want to do 35 MPH in a 55MPH zone, then when you get a passing area coming up, they step on the gas to try to keep you from passing them.

I've had to go around 90 to get pass some of them.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Control issues, bad day at work or home, or just an asshole.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
[ ] Control issues
[ ] Bad day at work
[X] Assholes

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Another fuckhead who thinks they are the cop of the fast lane.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
You're trying to apply rational thought to what is more likely than not simply fleeting ignorance and stupidity.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I like the ones that go half a mile an hour faster than the semi in the right lane, then speed up to 90 to get to the next semi only to slow down to half a mile an hour faster than that semi. Repeat.

I find passing people like you mean it cuts down on the assholes.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Adding to it, people who blast to 10-15 over the limit in a passing zone, only to drop back to 5 under when it's 1 lane each way.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
When they saw you drive past, they realize that they need to go back to driving the car instead of driving the phone

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I see all of the above asshat stunts nearly every time I'm out on the road, anymore. One of the things that's taken the enjoyment out of driving.

That's one reason, when I'm heading up north or back again, I like to hit the road before noon. Less traffic = fewer asshats.

But still, nearly every time, either on the way up, the way back, or both, I'll get this guy who passes me, then, next thing I know I'm catching him again and end up passing him. Later, sure enough, here he comes again. Passes me. Then... yeah, that's right, I catch and pass him again. Mind you: I'm using cruise control and not messing with it.

Eventually I grow tired of such shenanigans, roll the dice there won't be any cops speed-trapping up ahead, bump it a few MPH, and wait till the idiot has long-disappeared from my rear-view mirror before dropping back down to a safer speed.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I hate that too

A bigger passing frustration for me are the people who grew up in the city and only know how to tailgate. They'll tailgate the living shit out of you out in the country and when you pull into the slow lane to let them pass they drop 10 mph because they don't know how to be the lead car, use cruise, etc. I've lived in Houston, Dallas, Los Angeles, and outskirts of Shitcago and it's a universal phenomenon.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Adding to it, people who blast to 10-15 over the limit in a passing zone, only to drop back to 5 under when it's 1 lane each way.

Those are the ones I have no problem passing on a double yellow.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I'll get this guy who passes me, then, next thing I know I'm catching him again and end up passing him. Later, sure enough, here he comes again. Passes me. Then... yeah, that's right, I catch and pass him again. Mind you: I'm using cruise control and not messing with it.

You've seen that guy too?!? He must be a snowbird because I've seen him here in Florida. The last time I saw him, he was on the phone everytime I passed him and not on the phone everytime he passed me.

My solution is I don't move over for him a third time. I don't care if I get passed, just make it stick.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
I hate the ones that ride your ass at 75mph then sit in your blind spot when you get the chance to move over to let them pass.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My truck was governed at 65mph. I would follow another truck going 58mph for 5 miles.
When I would get in the left lane to pass, they speed up to 65.
Playing with their phone or as others have said Assholes. Piss off all the 4 wheelers behind us.
We had several drivers fired for being on their phones.

Posts: 949 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
People like that should be pulled over and have all their tires slashed as a painful financial lesson.

Use the fucking cruise control.

This is why I prefer to drive at night. Technology has made people "drive" less and basically made them into passengers who merely steer the vehicle.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I’ve been in Atlantic Canada for the past month. On my way up here from VA there was a 40 ft. class A diesel pusher towing a tandem axle enclosed trailer in the left lane going about 1 mph faster than the vehicles in the right lane…

There were about 10 vehicles following him and when an opening in the right lane became available one by one we would go into the right lane and pass him before the lane closed off.

When my turn came I proceeded to do the same thing and apparently he decided he had enough so he sped up and clipped the rear quarter of my truck camper… which left a minor dent on a box on that side but apparently demolished his outside rear view mirror! He proceeded to try and run me off the road on several occasions over the next few miles until I was able to loose him at an exit ramp.

He was a real asshole and I wished I had my pistol with me but since I was going to enter Canada I was unarmed!
My wife was terrified…

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
People like that should be pulled over and have all their tires slashed as a painful financial lesson.

Use the fucking cruise control.

This is why I prefer to drive at night. Technology has made people "drive" less and basically made them into passengers who merely steer the vehicle.
And now they are building cars that steer as well ...

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Are you certain they were offended like they stuck their hand out the window to give you the finger?

It could just be that you trying to pass them woke them up from their reverie and they realized they're supposed to be driving fast in the fast lane. Sometimes on the rare occasion that traffic was light, this has happened to me.

Not everything is personally towards you, people just react to any stimulus they receive. And, yes, how people react can sometimes cause us to be frustrated.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post