SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Turkey in the straw
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turkey in the straw Login/Join 
posted
Warm weather is here. The ice cream trucks are out. Am I allowed to go out
and blast the speakers off their little trucks with 00 buckshot? Just kidding
I wish they would play a different tune once in awhile. I get that tune stuck
in my head. But when my kids were young we bought a crapload of ice cream
from them. Big Grin

Posts: 954 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, I'm an old fart and know I shouldn't but there have been some rare days when I'll line up and wait for my turn to get a creamcycle.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
and blast the speakers off their little trucks with 00 buckshot?

^^^^^^^^^
Go ahead. The leftists will love you as Turkey in the Straw is supposedly racist.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

^^^^^^^^^
Go ahead. The leftists will love you as Turkey in the Straw is supposedly racist.

Ask for an Eskimo Pie.

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
and blast the speakers off their little trucks with 00 buckshot?

^^^^^^^^^

Racist? Never heard that. Are there even lyrics to the tune?

Posts: 954 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doesn’t matter. Your intention was clearly racist. Vanilla ice cream, the horror.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:

Racist? Never heard that. Are there even lyrics to the tune?

There are some adaptations where racist lyrics using the same tune.. But its not the lyrics it was written with..

You can read up on it's Wiki Page

Link

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post