SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Prices of everything today, or "I went to the grocery store and now I'm angry"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prices of everything today, or "I went to the grocery store and now I'm angry" Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted
Great job idiots. EVERYTHING is more expensive now.

Canned vegtables... Were $0.99 regular price and on sale for 0.59, now they are $1.29 regular and $1.19 "on sale".

Ground beef, was 2.99 regular now $3.99 "on sale".

Potato chips? 4 dollars a bag "on sale"

Dr. Pepper? used to be 3/$12. now? $7.99 for just ONE 12 pack "on sale".

Thanks Brandon. Bang up job you're doing here.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember in November!

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad…but true!

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2081 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
We used to budget $600 a month for groceries and household supplies (TP, paper towels, cleaning stuff).

A while back I had to up that to $800.

We did our monthly run yesterday and spent right at $900.

Oh, and our property tax bill went up nearly 20%.

Yay.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went this AM to the Yooper grocery.
Cat food: Was $3.89 a bag.
Now: $6.99 And this is for ordinary Purina, not a boutique brand.
I can fend for myself. The cat cant. Mad

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
As much as we like to brand a lone figurehead perp like Biden, the problem goes much deeper.

Congress, and the Fed are responsible. Biden and his POTUS predecessors just supply advanced propaganda and post Congressional approval final signature.
Convince me I'm wrong.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
What makes you even angrier is seeing the low information voters blaming companies for inflation.

Uhh….that’s not how it works Einstein.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I’m using high prices to motivate me to lose weight.

Since January, I’m down 54 pounds.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

Wow! Good on ya!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

So what is your secret? Hope you are not drinking those diet drinks anymore. A co-worker got cancer from drinking 3 or 4 diet Cokes a day.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Dozen eggs was $1.19, now $3. Mad

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

We just increased our flock by 31 chicks. Hoping to sell free range eggs next year.

Posts: 829 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
And it's not just people food...

My big dog weighs 130 pounds, and goes through over a pound of dog food a day. His food has gone from $28 for a 30 pound bag to now $42 for a 29 pound bag currently.

50% higher price for 3.33% less dog food.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Due to the grocery shopping habits of the better half, Kroger mails us discounted coupons for various items every month. Got one for a free carton of 18 eggs earlier in August. Naturally our local store has been sold out of those all month. Wife had to pickup a prescription and took the free egg coupon with her, found the right size carton and walked out with only her prescription and a carton of free eggs. I was flabbergasted because in over 40 years of marriage, she has NEVER left a grocery store with only two items! Inflation is definitely having an impact.

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

Here in PR it's almost cheaper to eat out than it is to cook for 1-2 people. Eggs are $4+ a dozen despite chickens and roosters running around all over the place. Vegetables are 200-500% higher than in the states. Don't even get me started on the "tomatoes" we get. Whitish pink 90% of the year and has zero flavor while costing 300% more than back in the states.

It's gotten to the point where I'm going to start growing my own vegetables on my roof. After all, it's 80+ degrees here year round and I get 15-30 minutes of heavy rain daily living next to the rain forest.

Posts: 790 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Stopped at McDonalds Friday for a medium Filet-O-Fish meal: medium drink, fries and the Filet-O-Fish

$8.99

The days of $5 or less lunch appear over

Cafeteria at work is closed for renovation so they are bringing in food trucks to our campus which was never permitted before. This Smashburger-type truck wants 14 bucks for a tiny burger and fries. Nope Roll Eyes

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
Due to the grocery shopping habits of the better half, Kroger mails us discounted coupons for various items every month. Got one for a free carton of 18 eggs earlier in August. Naturally our local store has been sold out of those all month.

I am finding more and more that the weekly sale items at Safeway are absent from the shelf. I get rain checks, but oftentimes they expire before there is stock. I get them renewed multiple times, but it is becoming a pain. Also, Safeway BOGOs used to be buy one, get one free. Now they are buy one, get one half price. And for some time, they have been using yellow sale stickers on items with the regular everyday price on them.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Coka-Cola products now sold in 18 can cases to ease the pain of the 24 can case.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

The days of $5 or less lunch appear over

Almost found a $5.00 lunch for you. It's $5.50

https://www.bk.com/rewards/off...eb-9c9b-8a84ef73b777

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
Yup, it's pretty crazy. During the height of the pandemic I purchased a new wheelbarrow. It was either $129 or $139, cannot recall which one. Lowes had a whole stack of them outside this past weekend for $178.

I had to run into Dicks to buy a couple of those seats that attach to aluminum bleachers / stands. While in there, I saw the Roadside Rocker type chairs. People use these for camping, or weekend kid's sporting events. We bought quite a few of these 3-4 years ago when my daughter was playing travel softball. They were like $39 back then. Now they are $79.

Even in my business, my best selling product when the pandemic stating had a retail price of $649. Now it is $849. Nearly 100% of that cost increase is due to increased freight costs.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post