SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Prices of everything today, or "I went to the grocery store and now I'm angry"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prices of everything today, or "I went to the grocery store and now I'm angry" Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
My local favorite grocery makes and sells really good fried chicken. 8 pieces: 2 breast, 2 legs, 2 thighs, 2 wings.

Just before the pandemic started in 2020 the 8-piece was $4.99. It has steadily increased, to $6.59, to 7.49, to $8.99 and was $9.49 a couple of weeks ago.

It just jumped up to $11.98 !!!!!

Needless to say, I didn't buy any today.

Grumble grumble !!!!

Posts: 11836 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am happy to report that I am much stronger these days. A few years ago I couldn't possibly carry $50 worth of groceries, but today I can do it with one hand.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:

My local favorite grocery makes and sells really good fried chicken. 8 pieces: 2 breast, 2 legs, 2 thighs, 2 wings.

Just before the pandemic started in 2020 the 8-piece was $4.99. It has steadily increased, to $6.59, to 7.49, to $8.99 and was $9.49 a couple of weeks ago.

It just jumped up to $11.98 !!!!!

Needless to say, I didn't buy any today.

Grumble grumble !!!!
The big grocery chain around here is Publix. They have been holding steady at $8.99 for the eight-piece box of fried chicken, and $12.29 for twelve pieces.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I read a post that The media says that Trump is the #1 issue on the ballot this November.

And people actually are buying it.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

I read a post that The media says that Trump is the #1 issue on the ballot this November.

And people actually are buying it.
More proof of inflation.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Not possible..
Our government says inflation is "only" around 10% a year right now.

Posts: 9491 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Went this AM to the Yooper grocery.
Cat food: Was $3.89 a bag.
Now: $6.99 And this is for ordinary Purina, not a boutique brand.
I can fend for myself. The cat cant. Mad

A neighbor down the street dumped a cat with 9 kittens to an abandoned house across the street from me. The mom is def. a housecat as she comes right up to me and lets me pet her and pick her up without any struggle. She also can't hunt worth a damn as she just walks around the neighborhood crying for people to feed her. Apparently cat food is so expensive people are abandoning their animals. I thought it was an exaggeration but my GF showed me the animal groups here in PR and some stuff that is going on is downright gut wrenching. When 40% of the population lives below the poverty line pets are the first to go when it comes to putting food on the table.

Posts: 797 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
pets are the first to go when it comes to putting food on the table

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
pets are the first to go when it comes to putting food on the table

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDezECR9ga4

Posts: 797 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
And it's not just people food...

My big dog weighs 130 pounds, and goes through over a pound of dog food a day. His food has gone from $28 for a 30 pound bag to now $42 for a 29 pound bag currently.

50% higher price for 3.33% less dog food.

I wish my dog would eat that. Will only eat Royal Canin at $93.00 a bag.

Posts: 12648 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I was about ready to head to the feed store and pick up 6x 40# bags of kibble. Apparently Joe has forced the railroad companies to capitulate to the labor unions. We are saved!

Come on man! “It’s only 1/10 of 1% inflation.” FJB

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post