SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Credit Card Customer (Dis)Service
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Credit Card Customer (Dis)Service Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted
<rant>
Oh... My... God... what an absolute nightmare!!!

I have wasted hours trying to deal with an unrecognized charge on one of my credit card accounts. Why so much time? Mostly because the customer is forced to call a customer "service" number that covers everything, as there is no method to dispute a charge online using their website or mobile app! Calls for ANY reason start with this one number, then you have to choose a menu option that is not specifically for disputing charges, attempt to get these foreign "operators" who barely speak or understand English to understand what you need, then be transferred to another that is just as bad. They cannot seem to understand what you want, and when they ask a question, they will not shut up long enough for you to answer before they start talking again!!!

I honestly don't know if they are ALL like this as I've only had to call one other CC customer service (Capital One), and they did a rather good job, despite the operator having a foreign accent. All I know is as soon as I can transfer my account from this one company to someone different, I certainly intend to do so! Their website sucks, their app sucks, and their "customer disservice" operators suck even worse!

In this "modern" era, why is EVERYTHING getting so much more difficult to do??? FUCK 'EM ALL!!!

</rant>

Posts: 4589 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A combination of lowest bidder wins support contracts and employees are being hired for their gender and/or skin color instead of their competency?

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Perhaps you could share the CC provider info and save ALL of us the headache, or potentially get a suggestion on the best/most effective way to deal with them...Just sayin'

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8904 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
While I understand your dilemma, I must say that Navy Federal has an excellent system for dealing with fraudulent charges.

Minor PITA dealing with getting a new card is all.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15237 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Perhaps you could share the CC provider info and save ALL of us the headache, or potentially get a suggestion on the best/most effective way to deal with them...Just sayin'

It is Credit One... a card for those who do not have excellent credit! I have several others under the same category and have had zero issues with them so far, including the aforementioned Capital One card.

Posts: 4589 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
While I understand your dilemma, I must say that Navy Federal has an excellent system for dealing with fraudulent charges.

Minor PITA dealing with getting a new card is all.

Since I am neither ex-Navy, or a person with a great credit score, I'm sure that card is not an option for me! I am in the process of rebuilding credit after a disastrous loss of employment due to my disabilities, and this is the only way I know of to do it (using Credit Karma and its suggested cards and methods has worked wonders so far)!

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:

Since I am neither ex-Navy, or a person with a great credit score, I'm sure that card is not an option for me!

If you're a veteran of ANY service or have relatives that are, you can qualify for an NFCU card.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15237 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I have an AT&T card through CITI bank and I had a late fee pop up on one of my statements a few months ago, my first one and I've had this card for years. As I send in my payments at least 7-8 days ahead of the due date, I called and they removed the late fee. This happened again for the December payment. It didn't get received until four days after the due day. I tried calling them on this, going through the tedious hassle of trying to get to the correct department only to be told that since I had a previous late fee removed they won't remove this one.

I couldn't past the initial call check in to reach anyone higher up to explain my situation. So, it would appear that we are at the mercy of slow/poor USPS deliveries.

This was my 'go to' credit card, but I paid it off and will no longer use it.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2090 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Since I am neither ex-Navy, or a person with a great credit score, I'm sure that card is not an option for me!
If you're a veteran of ANY service or have relatives that are, you can qualify for an NFCU card.
Here is the web page that shows who is eligible for membership with Navy Federal Credit Union:

https://www.navyfederal.org/me...hip/eligibility.html

Other than a small, locally owned, home town bank that I used in the early 1960's, Navy Federal is heads and shoulders above any other financial institution that I have ever dealt with. Every staff member I have ever encountered, whether in person at a branch, or online (email or "chat"), has shown outstanding courtesy and professional service. I don't know how they are with respect to telephone support; I do not use telephone for this sort of thing because hearing aids, but I suspect that it is every bit as good as their other services.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30683 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
<<snip>>

Well my late father was an Air Force veteran from the Korean War, so I suppose I could give them a look...

34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
<<snip>> So, it would appear that we are at the mercy of slow/poor USPS deliveries.
<<snip>>

'Tis the reason I no longer pay ANYTHING via check sent by the USPS! I do everything online these days as I know it gets where it's supposed to, when it is supposed to.

34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Here is the web page that shows who is eligible for membership with Navy Federal Credit Union:

<<snip>>

Just started on their application process, and since my father is deceased (died in 1987), I have absolutely no way to provide any of the documentation they require. Oh well...

posted Hide Post
Never had a problem with unwanted charges. Get a new company.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

<<snip>>
Just started on their application process, and since my father is deceased (died in 1987), I have absolutely no way to provide any of the documentation they require. Oh well...
I bet they would be able to help you. They have a branch in Huntsville AL; if you can't get there, give them a call at (888) 842-6328. If they can not access records directly, they can probably tell you how to get the necessary documentation.

I do not have one of their credit cards, just checking and savings accounts with them, but I believe that they do offer "credit builder" type cards.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30683 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
<<snip>>
I bet they would be able to help you. They have a branch in Huntsville AL; if you can't get there, give them a call at (888) 842-6328. If they can not access records directly, they can probably tell you how to get the necessary documentation.

I do not have one of their credit cards, just checking and savings accounts with them, but I believe that they do offer "credit builder" type cards.

Thanks, V-Tail! Didn't realize there was in branch in my locale. Will contact them in person and see what happens. Thanks again!

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I’m surprised your credit card doesn’t have a way to dispute charges online. I’m not insulting your intelligence but it’s not like there’s a credit card company who provides a website to check your balance and download statements that has yet to handle a charge dispute. So I think if they have a website for customers, they have replicated the process of whatever a customer needs to do on that website including file a dispute. Go call them and ask where it is on their website.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19670 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I got an email and a voicemail yesterday from the fraud department about my USAA credit card. I dreaded calling them. A nice, personable young woman answered. Very friendly, joking with me as we reviewed the long list of bogus, declined charges. She actually laughed at me when I said I couldn't find my phone at one point to check my email (which I was talking on). I said "oh lord" when I realized what I said (then explaining a had personal phone and a work phone). She said she was in Las Vegas (which came up due to a comment she made about the name of my town). She was great, it was a pleasant, almost enjoyable call. The whole process was 5 minutes, maybe a hair more?

Contrast that with CHASE. The worst. I couldn't log in to my CHASE credit card account because they wanted to "dual authenticate" with a phone number that didn't work. (the system wanted to text my home phone number that hadn't been in service in almost ten years). No other options, no way to update without logging in. So I had to call them about it. (bounced around to multiple people, probably all in India.) The first time literally took 45 minutes to "fix" the problem. They gave me a temporary log in to update it. Since I was at work at the time, I had to do it after work. And it didn't work. The following month I tried again. Another half hour on the phone with India. They updated my phone number so I'd be able to dual authenticate. Which I did. The following month, it was right back to insisting on calling or texting the old home phone number. Roll Eyes Another 30-40 on phone with India. Same routine. They "fixed it", it worked once, and reverted back again on the next attempted log in. IIRC I did this four times? So five calls, literally hours on the phone with them and they still couldn't get it straightened out. I mailed the last couple payments to pay it off and let them cancel it through inactivity.

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
20 years ago Discover Card let me down.

And to this day whenever some Discover Card employee starts up with how superior that company is , I remind them of their failure

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54651 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I called an online retailer the other day . Some Indian guy with a name like " Kevin " answered . He couldn't hear me very well so he terminated the call .I called back and " Jonathon " answered . Same voice and same children's voices in the background ..

Posts: 4060 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post