SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Wrong parts in box
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wrong parts in box Login/Join 
Caught in a loop
posted
Grrr....I'm visiting my grandmother in FL and I didn't get a chance before I left to swap the speakers in my laptop (the reason is a rant in its own right), so I tossed a pair of speakers I bought for the occasion in my bag to do there.

Mad I just put my laptop back together because I found out Lenovo sent me the wrong part.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3373 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
That is frustrating. You get all excited because the item you were waiting for has arrived. You get all ancy opening the box and...

ALAS! I didn't order this shit.

I just ordered an H-harness replacement for my Haley Strategic micro chest rig. It was to replace the X-harness on there at the moment because it digs into my neck. I opened the box, and LO AND BEHOLD...another x-harness. Frown

Duh fuq, Haley Strategic?? I know they look similar when stuffed into a bag, but how to you overlook X vs H!?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17575 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
What I ordered:

What they sent:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31341 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Uranium ore, huh? HMMM well there is an alternative.

I don't know if OreillyAutoParts LINK is in your area, but they are a big big multistate auto parts chain in middle America.

You can click on the link I provided or you can googleschmoogle Oreilly Auto Parts.

At the top of their website home page you'll see the search box.

In the search box enter part # 121G. That's 121G

You need this, but they're currently on backorder. Be sure to read the description.

This will take you back to a time when we were all so much younger and we got to have lots and lots of tallywacker fun. Nowadays at our age we just sit around and talk about who has the best Medicare supplement plan, what is the best brand and kind of Fiber to take, and why oh why is it so hard to get a good parking space at Costco.

Carry on Sir.

Posts: 11964 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
121G

Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13824 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
V-tail,

Either one of those two items you pictured can and will burn you……

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8350 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I'm 99% sure at least one of the 4 speaker sets I bought in the set was correct. Unfortunately that doesn't help me because they're all 10+ hours away at home in Memphis.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3373 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just happened to me. Ordered rear cargo and passenger sets of all weather mats for my new SUV. Rear, fits like a glove. Passenger compartment, they sent for a different vehicle. I called, they said them back, after we receive them We'll send the correct ones. I ordered on a Wednesday, received them Saturday, shipped UPS. I sent them back yesterday, also UPS which they paid for return shipping, they received them this morning. I called with the expectation that if they sent them out today, I should receive them before the weekend. Crickets. This is from a dealer of some higher end vehicles.

I have been ordering from this dealership for many years with last order just a few months ago, with only one issue before this. I had made an order, I received an additional box of exterior lighting and other trim work. I immediately called them and told them about it. They thanked me profusely for being honest, sent me a return label and I then sent back the product to them if not the same day the very next day.

You would think with my track record with them, they would have sent the right mats out immediately upon hearing they sent the wrong ones.
If I tried jerking them on sending the wrong ones back, they still had my credit card info. But maybe I'm just old school and expecting too much?

Tony

Posts: 359 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update: They shipped the correct ones out Wednesday, received them Thursday.

Tony

Posts: 359 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
Update for me too. I'm home and looked at the other stuff in the shipment; they're all wrong. I'm going to have to get with Lenovo to see what can be done.