SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Divorce sucks
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Divorce sucks Login/Join 
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted
We're submitting the paperwork on tuesday.

it sucks

that is all.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Sorry, brother.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
It will suck for awhile to come. Then it will get better.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My brother is going through it now too. Luckily everything is amicable, and the kids are in there 20's. Good luck with yours.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I hear you brother. I went through two.

The first was after 23 years. She is a narcissistic bitch. Her mom told me the divorce wasn't a surprise, just the fact that her daughter filed (she felt i was justified in filing). Kids and her sisters feel the same and do not speak with her.

#2 was crazy. Not just as a woman but, as i found out after filing, so defined by the court. Her claim was i was her second husband. Oh how i was so ill informed. I was her sixth husband again, finding out after filing (i mean, who would lie about that except madam crazy?).

Turns out #2 was only in it for grand wedding and honeymoon. Literally. It lasted about 14 months, plus the six to finalize the divorce

I am now married to my best friend. And one who holds her kids accountable most of the time (NEVER get between a mama bear and her cubs!).

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
After 40 years of married life, I am fortunate that we are able to still be friends and will likely live ou rd lives able to continue.

But, for a time, it was worse than dealing with death.

I hope and wish the best outcome for you both.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43809 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am fortunate that we are able to still be friends and will likely live ou rd lives able to continue.

?? confused

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
After 40 years of married life, I am fortunate that we are able to still be friends and will likely live ou rd lives able to continue.

But, for a time, it was worse than dealing with death.

I hope and wish the best outcome for you both.

This...my friend...this (in spades)...prayers and good thoughts for you and yours thru this.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Like sigmonkey, I'm still friends with my exwife after 17 years and two kids. During the divorce it was bad but over time it's put the kids first and just get along.

In fact I'm sitting here at her house now at 11pm waiting for the A/C repair guys to finish up before I take the kids back to my house. And I want to leave. It's been a long hot shift and I need to go home and shower. I've got body armor stink like you wouldn't believe!

FenderBender, hope you get through yours with your sanity intact. Not going to lie, it's going to suck ass for awhile.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Sorry man.

Signed the papers for mine last November.. about 9 and half years, house, etc, down the drain.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
I am fortunate that we are able to still be friends and will likely live ou rd lives able to continue.

?? confused

I think the most difficult decision to file and walk away on the most important oath, except military, in my life, and after(by taking and maintaining the high road the whole way), allowed us to still live our lives with dignity and honor.

Hope that clarifies the post.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43809 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I just could not figure out exactly what you were saying. Your posts are typically very clear.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
If I had clarity on that 40 years, trust me, I would have been able to explain it in a sentence, and likely still bee happily married!

LOL

Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
We're submitting the paperwork on tuesday.

it sucks

that is all.

I went thru it 5 years ago. It was hands down the hardest thing Ive ever dealt with and I never thought I would recover, emotionally or financially.

I survived. You will too.

My email is in my profile if you need to talk to someone about it. It helps.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Filed in October of last year. Final Friday the 13th in January. We still talk alot. Actually had dinner last night with her before work. Not sure where it's going. Doubt we'll ever be in a true relationship, but we seem to be good friends still. I still love her more than anything and always will.

Posts: 258 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: February 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I'd be perfectly content to never see or speak to my ex for the rest of my life. I never really liked her that much to begin with. Nearly a decade of her treating me like sit and using the kids against me as I worked 60 to 80 hour weeks to keep her happy sealed that shit.

However, our kids are 9 and 6. I've got 12 more years.

One bright spot, once I finish child support, I'll have an extra grand+ a month I'll be used to not having that I can throw towards retirement. My plan is to fully retire at 52. She will likely have to work forever, as her inability to manage money sunk our relationship, and it hasn't improved any at all.

But it was not fun. And I'm still not recovered. Certainly on my way back up, finally. And now married to an amazing woman, way over my head. And I treat her like a queen!

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
It will suck for awhile to come. Then it will get better.

This for sure.

At least you knew it was coming. Mine was a complete surprise.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
My ex left me the day after Christmas of 1999. It was a total shock, I didn't have a clue she was messing around.
The first 6 months or so was tough, but it got better. I can actually speak to her now without wanting to see her burst into flames.
OP, it'll get better, I promise. Just give it time, and take time for yourself.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
My starter wife started to stray after 23 years,I thought it was worth than death.
Couple years later my life was changed when this little fox asked me out.
I married that lady and we were like on a honey moon for eight years till she passed.
The thing I am trying to convey is there are happier times ahead for you,trust this old man on that.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 45 Cal,

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I hope it can be amicable. Mine was (and is) not.
Peace be upon everyone involved.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post