SIGforum
Fifteen Dollars And They Still Can't Read

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/9260048594

October 29, 2022, 07:28 PM
Edmond
Fifteen Dollars And They Still Can't Read
I’ll bring you an onion next time I see you.

October 29, 2022, 07:38 PM
ZSMICHAEL
quote:
Did anybody stop to think that perhaps that was the one mistake that employee made today and V-Tail you were the guy who got screwed?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well if the mistake is big enough it really does matter. Kind of like the surgeon who cut off the wrong leg. All the other amputations went swell.
October 29, 2022, 08:44 PM
flesheatingvirus
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
You can't ALWAYS get what you want.

But if you try sometime you'll find
You get what you need

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
October 29, 2022, 08:58 PM
MMSIG229
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lWfaiTLPUKQ" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

This is no jome!!! Went through the McDonalds drive thru recently. My son ordered a cheeseburger. Got about a block away, there was no meat on the bun!!!
October 29, 2022, 11:16 PM
SR025
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Did anybody stop to think that perhaps that was the one mistake that employee made today and V-Tail you were the guy who got screwed?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well if the mistake is big enough it really does matter. Kind of like the surgeon who cut off the wrong leg. All the other amputations went swell.

Guess that’s the risk you take when you go to a $15 surgeon
October 30, 2022, 01:11 AM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

You can't ALWAYS get what you want.
But if you try sometime you'll find
You get what you need
It would be nice to get what I paid for.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
October 30, 2022, 02:48 AM
Prefontaine
I told them no salt on my pina colada.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
October 30, 2022, 08:13 AM
h2oys
They made your burger exactly as you ordered it.

The only mistake was they gave you my “no onion” burger and I got your “extra onion” burger. Wink

Not that long ago my spouse wanted a hot chocolate sundae and McDonald’s is the closest source to us. Ollie, our dachshund and I jumped in the car and drove to McDonald’s to make mamma happy.

Dummy me, I didn’t check the bag, and after I got back home we found: 1) 2 cheeseburgers, 2) 2 fries. We were sad.
October 30, 2022, 11:19 AM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
How about some 叉烧 instead?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
October 30, 2022, 11:24 AM
Edmond
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
How about some 叉烧 instead?

I texted you a link to Peters on Colonial where I'm sure they have that. We might have to make a stop the week we're together.

October 30, 2022, 11:17 PM
KevinCW
I don't remember if i posted about it this past summer...

Stopped by McDonalds on the way out of town with the wife, we needed a quick meal before getting on the road. I ordered one of their new chicken sandwich meals, and asked for "no tomato"

The advertised it with Roma Tomatoes on it. The receipt read "No Rom Tom"

I got a "sandwich" with a top bun, chicken, lettuce, tomato, and no bottom bun.

Of course I had driven off before checking the order beyond getting the proper number of items.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."
October 31, 2022, 05:58 AM
92fstech
One thing I never do: order anything specialty off a fast-food menu. I just get the straight menu item, as it's listed on the menu. There's still about a 25% chance that they're going to screw it up, but it's the best probability that I actually will get what I ordered. I also don't want to be "that guy" who's holding up the whole freaking line because I'm picky about listing all the low-grade ingredients that are going on my institutional-quality fast food sandwich. I'm ready to go when I hit the speaker..."#1 with a coke."

My wife, on the other hand, is picky. She will order specialized stuff, which causes them to invariably screw up both her order and mine.

Becoming diabetic has somewhat simplified my life as I've given up on eating out (especially fast food) almost completely, and just make my own food. It's better quality, I can make exactly what I want, and if I screw it up I have nobody to blame but myself Big Grin.

Oh, also...never ever complain at a fast food place, especially if you're a regular there and recognizable. Most of the employees at those places have a criminal record (another reason I stopped eating out...I recognize FAR too many of them from my professional interactions), and I doubt have many qualms about adding "extra ingredients" to an order of someone who's pissed them off. You may be morally and legally in the right, but that won't cure your newly acquired case of herpagonnorheacephalitis.
October 31, 2022, 09:50 AM
xd45man
My daughter is 15. She will have her first job soon. The other day, she was vacuuming the living room. I said: "Don't forget behind the couch." She said:" Why? Nobody goes back there." This gave me the opportunity to discuss with her doing a job the right way and doing it well. If you live your life paying attention to detail, you will find you struggle less.

** My Underdeveloped Collection **
Sig Sauer P229 .40 Black with Aluminum Grips
Sig Sauer P250 9mm Black
Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm
Springfield XD .40 Subcompact Black
Springfield XD .45 Tactical Bi-Tone
October 31, 2022, 01:27 PM
ZSMICHAEL
Just bring your own codiments and ask for a discount.
October 31, 2022, 06:22 PM
V-Tail
Stopped by on my way home tonight. Showed the register slip (with the order details) to the manager. Asked whether that contained sufficient information to identify the employee who prepared the order, for remedial training. Manager did not respond to that question, but gave me a re-play of the complete order, this time prepared per instructions, at no cost.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
October 31, 2022, 06:26 PM
parabellum
quote:
Asked whether that contained sufficient information to identify the employee who prepared the order, for remedial training. Manager did not respond to that question...
Man, come on. Really. Let it go, huh?
November 05, 2022, 12:53 PM
slabsides45
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
I will stop there on Monday, on my way to work, and have a little discussion with the manager. Call me Karen, I don't care.
A complete waste of time. It won't even make you feel better.

Well, depending on how the post discussion body cavity search goes, maybe....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers
November 05, 2022, 01:03 PM
Lord Vaalic
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:
My daughter is 15. She will have her first job soon. The other day, she was vacuuming the living room. I said: "Don't forget behind the couch." She said:" Why? Nobody goes back there." This gave me the opportunity to discuss with her doing a job the right way and doing it well. If you live your life paying attention to detail, you will find you struggle less.

My grandfather would hide money around in areas when we were little and supposed to be helping clean. When you were done, if you asked for your payment, he would say apparently you didn't do well enough, because if you had you would have found your money.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
November 05, 2022, 03:41 PM
Blume9mm
I do a fast food drive through more often than I should but I can honestly say I have never placed a special order at one of these places... be it Micky D's, Bugger King or Fartys ..... they have enough trouble with the regular orders.... why add confusion to the mix?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"
November 06, 2022, 04:41 AM
joatmonv
quote:
Stopped by on my way home tonight. Showed the register slip (with the order details) to the manager. Asked whether that contained sufficient information to identify the employee who prepared the order, for remedial training. Manager did not respond to that question, but gave me a re-play of the complete order, this time prepared per instructions, at no cost.

I applaud you for sticking to a principle that you believe in but you stopped on the way home and expended energy that you didn't need to. Could have just gone straight home and relaxed.
If I get bad service/wrong order, I just don't go back.
They'll muck up someone else's order sooner or later. No fixing it.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.