SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    USAA SUCKS!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USAA SUCKS! Login/Join 
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
SR,
Already heard back from the USAA CEO's office and State Insurance folks. Things are moving.
"Assburner" is an euphemism for a blunt direct very firm communication.

I hope they move quickly for you and get it worked out. A coworker had a horrible experience with a USAA adjuster. Turns out a few folks complained and the person was fired. The replacement person was much better to work with and gave a fair settlement.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
SR,
Already heard back from the USAA CEO's office and State Insurance folks. Things are moving.
"Assburner" is an euphemism for a blunt direct very firm communication.

I hope they move quickly for you and get it worked out. A coworker had a horrible experience with a USAA adjuster. Turns out a few folks complained and the person was fired. The replacement person was much better to work with and gave a fair settlement.

I believe my adjuster is going to be sent to a "re-education camp" at a minimum. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I've been 'with/ them since 1967.I had a claim in 2012 that was kind of a pain, too long too slow. finally worked out. Oh Well.

Jan of '21 there was a severe wind here. I think everyone on my road had damage. Mine was strictly attachments, fencing and sheds, still a 5 figure claim.Two of my neighbors also have )(or had) USAA and each of us had unadulterated miserey.

The guy on the ground rejected my claim for a fence section, over $500 replacement because the tree that hit it was my neighbors; except it wasn't. It was a great big bodacious damn limb tht tore off of a 90 year old cedar. Nope, he says, too big to be a limb, its a tree and it fell from the other way. It tumbled, there's the scar about 60 feet up. Nope. It eventually got paid.

But now we are at the in-house mouse level. a complete sweetheart she was. Her sthick was that a call too her invariably was immediately routed to voice mail with a brisk neo nazi message saying she would be returning call in three to 5 business days. 3 to 5 DAYS. Nothing takes 3 to 5 days. But there we are, left the ms, got a return phone call on the 5th day, at 5:30 A. M. Simple error perhaps, returned the call at about 7:30 and lo and behold 3-5.

I got paid, so what's my beef? They suck. Those are manufactured problems.

I've been there s long that the annual return of over-charge and
'Senior Bonus' pay for two and a half months of premiums. Even at that it's tempting.

We s

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
After receiving a call Monday from a rep from the USAA CEO's office committing to resolve my issues, I got a call today from an adjuster manager where the shortages were confirmed and an electronic funds transfer to me authorized finally completing my claim.

Ironically over the course of this protracted year and a half long >$64k claim process this marks the tenth (yes 10th!) partial payment on my hail damage claim.

As to the matching siding business and my having to eat the costs for replacing half of my house, turns out USAA does not offer a siding color matching endorsement to their homeowners policies. The State Insurance Division responded to me indicating that many other insurance companies in fact do. No idea why USAA doesn't, leaving their member customers to fend for themselves hiding behind the State's non-matching provisions.

Changes will be made to who provides me with homeowner and vehicle coverage at the end of this month.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the terrible experience. I've been with USAA since 1991 and have had numerous claims in the past 20 years handled with little or no difficulty. I keep hearing horror stories, but they keep doing right by me, so I'll stick with them.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
Sorry for the terrible experience. I've been with USAA since 1991 and have had numerous claims in the past 20 years handled with little or no difficulty. I keep hearing horror stories, but they keep doing right by me, so I'll stick with them.

That was exactly my attitude and thought process for the better part of a decade. Then I got bit in the ass. Sayonara USAA! Mad

My advice is not to tempt fate. They are no longer the company I went with starting in 1975. The horror stories are real. If able ask around with those in the industry: agents, assessors, etc. They'll confirm.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Cancelled all the policies (homeowner and vehicles) this evening. You can't do it online and must talk to someone from the "Member Retention Team."
Cancellation effective at 12:01am 30 March which is the same time my new policies become active.

With my policy refund (in one week) and payout of my Subscriber Savings Account (in six months), I'll be receiving the equivalent of 3 years worth of policy premiums with my new insurance company. Smile

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Damn. Sorry to hear of your terrible experience with USAA bald1, but I unfortunately understand. I ranted on here a year or so ago about how I despised them after my boys debit cards had been hacked and had poor their customer service was.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
I guess I'll count myself lucky, never had a problem with them since I became a member in 1985.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post