SIGforum
Changes to U.S. First-Class Mail delivery times may affect you What's happening Effective October 1, 2021, the United States Postal Service (USPS) has

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/9220042584

September 21, 2021, 01:36 PM
ZSMICHAEL
Changes to U.S. First-Class Mail delivery times may affect you What's happening Effective October 1, 2021, the United States Postal Service (USPS) has
How nice. Maybe they will rename it the Pony Express with a large turtle as their logo.

Effective October 1, 2021, the United States Postal Service (USPS) has revised its service standards for certain First-Class Mail items, resulting in a delivery window of up to five days. Please note that this may delay your receipt of mail from us and our receipt of mail from you (including mailed payments). Please take this change into account when mailing items to us via USPS. For more information, visit usps.com.‡
What you can do
If you haven't already, consider options available through the xxxxxxxxxxxxx app and xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
banking, like switching to online statements1 for quicker delivery, making payments to your Wells Fargo credit and loan accounts by transferring money2, paying bills using Bill Pay, or setting up alerts3 for payment due reminders.
Learn more
As always, we appreciate your business.

No link as this was taken from an email.
September 21, 2021, 04:06 PM
Flash-LB
So what they've done is document their incompetence.
September 21, 2021, 08:26 PM
SevenPlusOne
Things are being trucked again, since the airlines were completely unreliable.
Mail used to move by train.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"
September 21, 2021, 09:12 PM
p08
What will that do to Bezos's bottom line though? If his subsidized shipping company can't get stuff delivered fast enough?

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.
September 22, 2021, 07:49 AM
Flash-LB
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
What will that do to Bezos's bottom line though? If his subsidized shipping company can't get stuff delivered fast enough?

If he's a smart businessman, and he is, he'll switch to a company who can deliver what he wants at the price he wants. Capitalism at its finest.
September 22, 2021, 08:10 AM
Graniteguy
I can't remember the last time with USPS delivered an Amazon package to me - and I live in a relatively rural area. That's a good thing.
September 22, 2021, 09:39 AM
phil in indy
I got that very same notice in my email from Wells Fargo, they hold my mortgage
September 22, 2021, 10:51 AM
Kskelton
I don’t think possible 5 day delivery for the cheapest possible method of shipping is terrible. It costs a stamp or maybe a couple bucks to ship a small padded envelope via usps first class so I don’t really see a problem with it taking a couple days.

Anything bigger than a small padded envelope would go priority mail, which doesn’t sound like it’s effected.

The same package for fedex or UPS 2 day air would probably cost $15-20 to ship.

If I need something super fast either I pay for super fast or I just get it locally. The only thing I could see this being an issue with is those damn jury duty notices. I only check my mail maybe once a week… MAYBE… because there’s never anything worth anything in there…. Twice now I’ve gotten jury duty notices that say respond by X date that I didn’t get until after that date so if they are going to continue mailing jury duty things they should find an alternate method for them.

www.OneStopFirearms.com
September 22, 2021, 05:02 PM
YooperSigs
You guys have been missing the USPS TV commercials. They are ultra modern, high tech and high speed. They said so! Roll Eyes
Related Rant:
Today I wandered out to the mailboxes, which consist of a row of 12. Stuffed in-between a couple of the boxes was one of those plastic shipping envelopes.
Turns out it was for my neighbor. Rather than drive the 150 feet down to the building and toss it on porch, stuff it between the mailboxes and consider it good! Eek

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
September 27, 2021, 09:45 PM
Chowser
I’ve always categorized USPS as

One-day mail.

It will get there. One day. Hopefully.
Lol.

I don’t know what happened to my current carrier, maybe he retired? I haven’t seen him in weeks. He was great! Always showed up at 10am. He knew I worked nights and if there was something important he’d call to wake me.

Not minority enough!
September 27, 2021, 10:49 PM
jljones
Now all that junk mail will take twice as long to hit the garbage. Will that final notice for my cars extended warranty make it in time?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

September 28, 2021, 02:52 PM
PASig
All they are doing is hastening their own demise and they are too clueless to even realize it.
Roll Eyes

I remarked to my wife the other day that literally the ONLY stuff we now get from the USPS is junk mail and a whole lot of it. All important stuff is done online or via other carriers.

They could disappear tomorrow and I wouldn't even care.

October 09, 2021, 09:20 PM
I open my front door yesterday to find 20 bundles of Priority Mail Medium Size boxes. Each bundle contains 25 boxes.
I didn't order them but someone got into my account back in April and placed an order.