SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    anyone buy from Sierra.com? - see update in OP
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone buy from Sierra.com? - see update in OP Login/Join 
Picture of SR
posted
I ran across a deal at Sierra.com on luggage. I'm wondering if anyone has ordered from them recently and what your experience is like. (I'm asking about recent experiences. I did find this posting in a search.)

Specific questions
> did you have any problems with your order? (The receipt they originally emailed shows they charged me more than they said they would and I had to take steps to get the amount corrected. Specifically, after being told I'd get free shipping, and after approving a specific amount be charged to my credit card, they increased the amount by $15.95 for shipping. I think it is now corrected but was a bit of a hassle.)

> Did your order ship promptly? (I received an email saying "Your Sierra order #xxxx is on its way" even through the FedEx website shows the only activity was sending FedEx a notice it would be shipped. It's been in that status since yesterday at ~1:30pm.) Reminds me of this thread

> Is their stuff truly first quality close outs or do they sell knockoffs?

update May 6
This is too funny not to share....

I ordered two suitcases - makes sense they will be shipped in separate boxes. According to FedEx, they will arrive on different days. (Seems they'd have been shipped at the same time and arrive the same day.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SR,

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I regularly buy from Sierra, but typically at the actual stores. I have made 1 purchase from their website within the last month.

The merchandise is "real" stuff from my experience. It may be prior season or overstock merchandise, much like TJ Maxx, Marshalls etc.
They are a sister store to those other retailers.
They do sell stuff made in China however, as many brands do have their products manufactured there.

On my website purchase, yes, I received the product shipped email but it was just the label creation. I did receive the product a day or 2 before the estimated delivery date however.

Tony

Posts: 312 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I order from them a fair amount. I have never been overcharged, mistakes happen I guess. Sounds like you got it straightened out so that is good. As far as shipping, yeah, it takes a while. I treat it as a lesson in patience. Smile

All the stuff I have bought from them is name brand, not knockoffs. Sometimes I buy irregular marked clothing for outdoor work but it is clearly marked as such and is quite functional.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never had an issue. I once ordered an axe and a pair of sunglasses and was a little afraid they might get shipped in the same box but they sent two boxes. Returns are easy.

Posts: 4277 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone!

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our Sierra store opened relatively recently. It’s like TJ Max for outdoor people. Great stuff, sometimes. Great prices all the time.

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post