SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The Lord watches over drunks and babies.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Lord watches over drunks and babies. Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
There's a small bridge just up the road from me a couple of hundred yards. Crosses Prospect Stream just before it dumps into the harbor.

Years ago, folks used to pull down the bank on the upstream side to wash their cars. (EPA has since put a halt to that, of course...)

Last night, some drunk went off the road, down the bank, took a hard right, drove UNDER the bridge and ended up on the harbor side. They had to call in a crane to lift the car up out of the stream and onto a flatbed.

Mysteriously, the car was empty when the cops arrived, but they found him later. I'm sure they provided accommodations for the night.

It would take a hell of a driver to do that on purpose without totaling the car. From the pictures I saw, there wasn't a lot of damage to the vehicle.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It's not uncommon for drunks to walk away relatively unscathed from incidents that would have clobbered a sober person. The alcohol results in extra floppiness, dulled senses/pain receptors, and delayed reactions, so they tend to just roll with it like Gumby.

A common phrase is "Drunks bounce".

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
^^ive seen that! Bouncing drunks. Was posted up a few blocks from a club and just before the college…dude didn’t make the turn and removed a phone pole. Drunks everywhere, musta been six or seven drunk college kids crawling outta ditches, under the car, a few slid into the Cadillac dealer and just popped up like nothing was going on. Best part was since it was on that side of the street my buddy had to do the wreck. Since I was qualified I ran the DWItest for him and I only had to sign the forms.hahahahahaha good times

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they walk away but the poor bastard they crashed into or ran over is killed or suffers life-changing injuries.

Fuck drunks and the fools who cater to them.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After a few close calls, I think he watches out or policemen too!!!

Posts: 660 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
First offense DUI should be a lifetime ban from driving anything over a bicycle.

Second offense, life in prison.

DUI crash with a death, automatic capital offense.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
To say the Lord watches over drunks is definitely a misnomer, especially when it comes to drunk drivers.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In 1960 I rolled a car several times after a tire blew out at 75 miles an hour. Three of us in the car, all drunk after visiting several bars along the way.

No one had so much as a scratch.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
The 1st time I seen this was when I was in high school. Four kids from school ages 16 - 17 were hit head on by a drunk driver on highwayy 101. All 4 kids died at the seen. The drunk driver just had... minor injuries. They were hit so hard most of the engine was where the front seat was. Most of the transmission was in the back seat in the 1963 Ford Galaxie.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post