SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Dumb blonde waitress
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dumb blonde waitress Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
Went to the dumb blonde waitress place. Where only girls can be a waitresses.

The kids menu includes a free drink for kids. $5.99. Free drink included. Says so right on the menu.

The bill comes out and she charged us for kids drinks. Pointed out the discrepancy and she took 5 minutes trying to explain that the “system” fixes it and that the drinks are in fact free. Whatever. The bill says that you charged me $4 extra. She runs the credit card. Receive the final credit card slip, do all the math, to find out that the airhead was wrong. I’m getting charged $4 for the “free” drinks.

The $4 came out of her tip. I tried to do the right thing but she was too stupid…

I normally would eat it, just say screw it, and move on with life. But service was bad to begin with. She brought out everyone’s food except my sons and made him wait 15 minutes for it. When asked , she said , “yeah I saw it sitting up there a while ago. I should have grabbed it.” WTF?! Your JOB is to deliver hot food promptly! Not let it sit there forever.

Was I right or was I right?

Being stupid should have consequences, right ?

Do you take money out of your servers tip if they screw up the bill and refuse to correct it?

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
If it’s been pointed out and they’ve been given the chance to correct, I’ll usually make sure the tip reflects as such. It’s really tough for me not to tip the standard 20%, but very once in a while service (or lack thereof) is enough to put me over the edge.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I would have wanted the $4 back AND taken a chunk out of the tip.

My tolerance for stupid is at a historical low.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:

Cute little orange shorts?

Posts: 15839 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30541 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
she said , “yeah I saw it sitting up there a while ago. I should have grabbed it.”

This is why no tip would have been forthcoming from me.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
The $4 came out of her tip. I tried to do the right thing but she was too stupid…

I'm curious why you'd feel obligated to tip her anything.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:

Cute little orange shorts?

Hooters has a kids menu?

I would have had them fix the mistake and then we would think about a tip

Posts: 5294 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:
quote:
she said , “yeah I saw it sitting up there a while ago. I should have grabbed it.”

This is why no tip would have been forthcoming from me.

yeah, I thought about leaving a tip. I should have.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
$4 for a kids drink??? What was it, a Gin and Tonic?

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4212 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

Hooters has a kids menu?

https://www.originalhooters.com/menu/kids

Posts: 15839 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Rarely have I stiffed a server. When I have, it is for a very good reason. If it is the kitchen, I will ask to talk to the chef, so I may explain why. If it is the server, I will give them a written explanation. With this in mind, I have not gone to a restaurant for over five years. I lost two friends due to
hepatitis A - poor food handling by the staff.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1630 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Good question. If its just me, the waitress gets stiffed. The wife is a bleeding heart too nice of a person and wont let me stiff the waiters, even with terrible service.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chat with manager, they need to know who to fire to protect their business.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
My parents raised me while working in some sort of restaurant or hotel based hospitality. My mother still works in hotels, dad recently retired from the biz. I'm very forgiving with servers and wait staff, I tend to tip more generously than most people I go out with, but lately, that mantra has been tested and I'm over this current rendition of "service". Ive been out a few times and received shit service and given shit tip. In this instance of the OPs situation, I would not have paid for anything we didnt receive (although I never do) and the blase attitude would have warranted a zero or close to zero tip, plus a chat with the "manager".

I'm fucking over it. A moratorium on dining out may be in order.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9671 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm fucking over it. A moratorium on dining out may be in order.

I recently spent a week in Prague, Krakow and Warsaw. Besides the beautiful buildings, churches, museums and castles, the thing that struck me was the pride the people take in their work. We ate out every meal, usually just popping into a café or restaurant that was near.

Every meal was outstanding, every order was correct and every bill was spot on. The presentation and attention to detail was above any $50-$60 a plate place around here, these were mostly under $10 a plate. Tipping is not encouraged, 10% was considered high

It made our usual dining experience here dog shit, it's sad and I miss it dearly

Posts: 5294 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

Well, she's gotta da bigga Tits,
you know ba-boomba ba boomba boom! Big Grin

Posts: 23234 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Uh, bringing kids to Hooters strikes me as...unusual.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107246 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I honestly can't remember the last time I went out to eat. I just don't want to waste the time, money or effort.

I have a Weber kettle, a natural gas Weber grill and cast iron. I'll just cook at home and avoid.

As for tipping in that instance, it would have been zero and I've done that before. That and never go back.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
I honestly can't remember the last time I went out to eat. I just don't want to waste the time, money or effort.

I have a Weber kettle, a natural gas Weber grill and cast iron. I'll just cook at home and avoid.

As for tipping in that instance, it would have been zero and I've done that before. That and never go back.

I'm with you on this. I love cooking and do a lot of grilling. However, I travel a lot for work and while I do my best to book accommodations that allow me to have a full sized fridge and/or kitchen-esq amenities, that's not always in the cards. When I do need to patronize restaurants, I generally sit at the bar and get better service.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9671 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post