SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    A couple things about my coffee maker I don't like.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
A couple things about my coffee maker I don't like. Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted
First, apparently if you don't turn it on, it won't make coffee. Doesn't matter how long you wait around for it to be done.

Second, if you don't put coffee in it when you do remember to turn it on, it comes out being very weak. I mean, WTF? Big Grin


All because the night before, in an effort to save time the next morning, I put water in it and replaced the filter. "You see we are smart, but we are not so smart." Wink

Either I turned it on and didn't start it, or vise versa. (I don't use the timer because then I forget about it all together! lol)

Waited around, kept checking in the kitchen, "not done yet". After the third "not done" I went "wait a second. Stupid!" Got to turn it on! I could hear it chugging away so I knew it was working. My final check to see if it was done was peeking at the filter to see if it was done draining. Thought to myself... "Hmm.. it's awful clean down in there." Doh!

I went from being early to late and in the end left empty handed. Friday started out like that and just kept spiraling down. That MIGHT have tuned out to be the best part of the day. lmao
 
Posts: 19716 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Another thing that I don't like is that it will still dispense coffee even if you don't have a cup under the dispenser.


_____________________________

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."
 
Posts: 1843 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:

Another thing that I don't like is that it will still dispense coffee even if you don't have a cup under the dispenser.
My Keurig does that. Mad



Any cocktail can be a shrimp cocktail if you put your mind to it, and if you carry lots of loose shrimp in your pocket.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
 
Posts: 27421 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I'd suggest you try a french press, but surprisingly you (actually, I) can still manage to screw that up.

Sometimes, the coffee grounds go in my thermos first, rather than the press, because...well...me.

Other times, when I grind the coffee beans, I dont have the little receptacle in the grinder so the grounds end up on the counter.




NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Scotch: Neat.
 
Posts: 9342 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
And if you forget to turn it off, it’ll make your teeth tingle the next morning.







Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.



Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.


The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime


 
Posts: 13714 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
member
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
 
A simple Mr. Coffee machine for me.



All your 10mm are belong to us
 
Posts: 10376 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
cas, thanks for the good laugh.

I wish I could say I haven't done the very same thing once or twice.




Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig
 
Posts: 4830 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of alinc100
posted Hide Post
Well I went out and bought a Bunn home-use coffee maker. You know the one that keeps the water hot so a pot brews in just a couple minutes. Well I get up for work, fill the reservoir,fill the filter/basket and go take a shower. Come out to the kitchen and the coffee is ice cold. My Father-in-law comes over during the previous day,sees the red light/switch on the SIDE of the coffeemaker and turns it off. When I question the wife, she knows nothing,F-I-L says "you left the coffee pot on,could have burned up the house" I explained for the 3rd or 4th time ,how a Bunn coffeemaker works and to leave the damned thing alone.



Hawaiian shirts- Apparently I have a closet full of racism....who knew??
 
Posts: 852 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: April 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Where is that picture of the really smoking hot girl that I could call my coffee maker?

Nah, too easy. I'll let you all imagine whoever you'd like to make your coffee.

Also, I have forgotten the mug before as well.


____________________________
Yes, Para does appreciate humor.
 
Posts: 7945 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alinc100:
Well I went out and bought a Bunn home-use coffee maker. You know the one that keeps the water hot so a pot brews in just a couple minutes. Well I get up for work, fill the reservoir,fill the filter/basket and go take a shower. Come out to the kitchen and the coffee is ice cold. My Father-in-law comes over during the previous day,sees the red light/switch on the SIDE of the coffeemaker and turns it off. When I question the wife, she knows nothing,F-I-L says "you left the coffee pot on,could have burned up the house" I explained for the 3rd or 4th time ,how a Bunn coffeemaker works and to leave the damned thing alone.


The Keurigs don't keep the water hot, but they make only 1 cup at a time, so it's about a 2 minute deal to get the first cup of coffee and a 1 minute deal for each additional cup.

That's quick enough for me.
 
Posts: 9321 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
I'd suggest you try a french press, but surprisingly you (actually, I) can still manage to screw that up.

Sometimes, the coffee grounds go in my thermos first, rather than the press, because...well...me.

Other times, when I grind the coffee beans, I dont have the little receptacle in the grinder so the grounds end up on the counter.


It's an unfair catch-22... you need to drink a certain amount of coffee before you can safely make coffee.
 
Posts: 2421 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I got a Mixpresso single serve 2 in 1 coffee brewer K-Cups Pods compatible and ground coffee for $37 on Ebay.

https://www.amazon.com/Mixpres...b3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl


41
 
Posts: 11319 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    A couple things about my coffee maker I don't like.

© SIGforum 2022