SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    A couple things about my coffee maker I don't like.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A couple things about my coffee maker I don't like. Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted
First, apparently if you don't turn it on, it won't make coffee. Doesn't matter how long you wait around for it to be done.

Second, if you don't put coffee in it when you do remember to turn it on, it comes out being very weak. I mean, WTF? Big Grin

All because the night before, in an effort to save time the next morning, I put water in it and replaced the filter. "You see we are smart, but we are not so smart." Wink

Either I turned it on and didn't start it, or vise versa. (I don't use the timer because then I forget about it all together! lol)

Waited around, kept checking in the kitchen, "not done yet". After the third "not done" I went "wait a second. Stupid!" Got to turn it on! I could hear it chugging away so I knew it was working. My final check to see if it was done was peeking at the filter to see if it was done draining. Thought to myself... "Hmm.. it's awful clean down in there." Doh!

I went from being early to late and in the end left empty handed. Friday started out like that and just kept spiraling down. That MIGHT have tuned out to be the best part of the day. lmao

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Another thing that I don't like is that it will still dispense coffee even if you don't have a cup under the dispenser.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2086 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:

Another thing that I don't like is that it will still dispense coffee even if you don't have a cup under the dispenser.
My Keurig does that. Mad

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30644 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I'd suggest you try a french press, but surprisingly you (actually, I) can still manage to screw that up.

Sometimes, the coffee grounds go in my thermos first, rather than the press, because...well...me.

Other times, when I grind the coffee beans, I dont have the little receptacle in the grinder so the grounds end up on the counter.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
And if you forget to turn it off, it’ll make your teeth tingle the next morning.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14035 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

A simple Mr. Coffee machine for me.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
cas, thanks for the good laugh.

I wish I could say I haven't done the very same thing once or twice.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Where is that picture of the really smoking hot girl that I could call my coffee maker?

Nah, too easy. I'll let you all imagine whoever you'd like to make your coffee.

Also, I have forgotten the mug before as well.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
I'd suggest you try a french press, but surprisingly you (actually, I) can still manage to screw that up.

Sometimes, the coffee grounds go in my thermos first, rather than the press, because...well...me.

Other times, when I grind the coffee beans, I dont have the little receptacle in the grinder so the grounds end up on the counter.

It's an unfair catch-22... you need to drink a certain amount of coffee before you can safely make coffee.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I got a Mixpresso single serve 2 in 1 coffee brewer K-Cups Pods compatible and ground coffee for $37 on Ebay.

https://www.amazon.com/Mixpres...b3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post