SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What’s the point of wearing the gloves
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s the point of wearing the gloves Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
They sure as shit aren’t sterile, or even clean, after touching the various items she handled wearing them. I don’t think it’s out of line to expect some measure of effort at cleanliness on the part of someone treating an open wound. I realize you don’t agree.

You are right. While some of the items mentioned MAY have been wiped down, leaving the room wearing the gloves is a pretty clear indication that they were not working very hard at infection control procedures.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

I've worked in healthcare for almost 35 years, in half a dozen states, 25+ different facilities, and seven different capacities. Never has it been "SOP to double-glove" in anywhere I've been.

Stick to flying.

When I was a firefighter/EMT, and ran on an ambulance, it was standard to double glove. I do a bit more than fly.

EMT might be a different situation where it's highly likely to encounter people with needles in their pockets and knives and things of that sort.

Nowadays they make much thicker gloves like the black nitrile ones. I use those in my business for mechanical work and they're about 3x as thick as the white latex ones.

BUT, if it were me. I would've asked the lady to put on a new set of gloves. Gloves are VERY cheap.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Several years ago I went to have blood work done as part of my yearly physical.
I watched the technician handling several vials and sample cups of who knows what then come over to me to draw blood. He looked at me while he was doing this so he knew I saw him.
He starts the process and when I asked him to please wash his hands and put on new gloves he gets pissed at me,walks away and has the other technician draw my blood.
I was going to complain but I did not want my blood work to come back messed up and have to do it over again.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://illinois.pbslearningme...roperties-of-copper/

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Thank you Bendable and all who replied.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Yes, it used to be called “BSI or body substance isolation” following aids. Sometime later they renamed “universal protection; but make no mistake, in prehospital environ, it was for safety of the medic as nothing in that world could be considered sterile.

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nobody has fondled my meat in quite a while. Wink

I had mine fondled a lot a month and a half ago... during and after a stint was installed, for the next couple of days an unknown number of professionals checked the location where it was put in.... ever time someone came in the room they put on a pair of gloves and often they threw away the ones they had used and then put on another pair to do other things like mess with the 4 IVS ... which I had invested in the disposable glove business about 30 years ago.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post