SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Lost my Olight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost my Olight Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted
Must've fallen out of my pocket on the flight from MIA to IAH, definitely know I had it going through TSA in MIA.

Got in the habit of carrying it bulb up, as it got turned on & drained the battery with it bulb down. Downside is that its easier to remove.

Guess I'll have to order another.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15133 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Pocket clip? I had problems with flashlights coming out of my pocket when I was using a clip.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What model was you carrying?

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Order another one...you'll find it in your luggage the next day. I thought I'd lost my Streamlight one time when we were camping...ended up finding it months later wrapped up in the folds of out tent the next time I got it out. Now I have 2 Big Grin.

Same thing has happened with knives a couple of times. Dropped my knife on a traffic stop one time (I think it got caught on my holster getting out of the car and came unclipped from my pocket). I made a bunch of stops that night, and had no idea which one it happened on. I went back to all of them and looked everywhere, couldn't find it. Ordered a new knife (this is why I carry a $28 Kershaw, not a $150 Zero Tolerance anymore...after I lost that one it didn't re-appear Frown ). The day after the new knife shipped, my BIL, who works grounds at a local college in town, showed up at my house and handed me my knife. He hadn't even known I lost it, but found it lying in a pile of leaves while he was mowing, recognized it as my style, and put two and two together. My son now has the new one, and I'm still carrying the old one Big Grin.

Posts: 8390 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
At least it's only an Olight. And I have about 3 or 4 of them.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19574 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
It was an i5T on the pocket clip. Must have gotten snagged on the seat belt, only thing I can think of.

Had similar happen to a Kershaw Scallion, but think that one was at a go kart track, must've vibrated out of my pocket.

Posts: 15133 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Check the straps on your bag/luggage.

Clip + bag/luggage straps = likely just hanging on an errant strap somewhere from when your luggage was being schlepped around.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
No dice, would've been on my backpack & not there either.

Luckily, they're relatively inexpensive, so may order a few & keep one in both cars, too.

Looks like they're going to be running a Halloween sale too, so silver lining, not a bad time to buy.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
A new i5T was delivered into the stocking this morning.
Glad to have an EDC light again.

Now to find a suitable lightweight AR WML.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I find nothing yanks a light or knife away from me more stealthily than a seat belt. Frown

God bless America.

Posts: 13400 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:

I find nothing yanks a light or knife away from me more stealthily than a seat belt.
Yeah. The shoulder portion of my seat belt likes to steal pens from my shirt pocket.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30531 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
Go ahead and order another one, it will make a nice Christmas gift for someone next year because the missing one will show up the day after the new one is delivered. Speaking from experience.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1351 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Minnow:
Go ahead and order another one, it will make a nice Christmas gift for someone next year because the missing one will show up the day after the new one is delivered. Speaking from experience.

Considering the old one was lost in an Airbus A319 at IAH, I would be amazed if it showed up in my house somewhere....

Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
The i5T is a heckuva light. Batteries last awhile, and plenty of light. I was always a MicroStream kinda guy,but this thing kicks its butt.
Also, I really like the Scallion. The plastic sided one. The metal sided ones are cold and hard. Have had a couple metal handeled Scallion knives, gave 1 to my son, and have the Damascus one stashed. The plastic sided are so much warmer.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:
The i5T is a heckuva light. Batteries last awhile, and plenty of light. I was always a MicroStream kinda guy,but this thing kicks its butt.
Also, I really like the Scallion. The plastic sided one. The metal sided ones are cold and hard. Have had a couple metal handeled Scallion knives, gave 1 to my son, and have the Damascus one stashed. The plastic sided are so much warmer.

The i5T & Scallion are EDC for me.
I've got a Chive for backup, but prefer the Scallion size & grip.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I find nothing yanks a light or knife away from me more stealthily than a seat belt. Frown
A new Tech was riding with me one day and when we got back to shop he couldn't find his Spiderco something or other $$ . He asked me if he could take the van back to the jobsite to look for it . Sure , go ahead . He came back looking like he had just lost his best friend . No joy . I went back to the van to retrieve some paperwork and saw it hanging on the shoulder belt . Big Grin That was one happy guy .

Posts: 3965 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post