SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Costco's Beef has gone downhill
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Costco's Beef has gone downhill Login/Join 
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
If you guys quit buying beef from your butcher to buy beef from Costco, you really had a terrible butcher.

The Costco prime beef I've eaten is right up there with Sizzler steaks.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
So what are you guys criteria?
Do you inspect it?
Look at the marbling?
Or just dismiss because of where you buy it?
I don't think I ever got any bad or sub-par PRIME beef from Costco.
I still inspect it - FWIW some of their Prime Tri-Tips are awesome.
If you are buying less than prime then your results may vary more than a Prime cut, IMO.

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
We have always gotten good beef at COSTCO , not so much at Sam's.

Pork belly was $4.99 today at COSTCO.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
So what are you guys criteria?
Do you inspect it?
Look at the marbling?
Or just dismiss because of where you buy it?
I don't think I ever got any bad or sub-par PRIME beef from Costco.
I still inspect it - FWIW some of their Prime Tri-Tips are awesome.
If you are buying less than prime then your results may vary more than a Prime cut, IMO.

My criteria is from buying, cooking and eating Costco Prime steak and comparing the tenderness and flavor to what I get from my local butcher or Fry's supermarket.

There's essentially no comparison. The difference is so huge I won't even consider buying Costco beef again.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered a untrimmed prime whole tenderloin from Creekstone farms on sale for $129. It was trimmed of all fat & was an incredible tasting & very tender for about $18.50/lb. Even the side meat which I usually use for stew was great with no gristle. I added prime flank steak to get free shipping & got a 10% discount.

https://shop.creekstonefarms.c...ections/premium-beef

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post