SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Fuel Company dang near gave me a stroke!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fuel Company dang near gave me a stroke! Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
I had a second "pig" propane tank set for my generator. Set last Monday, finally filled last Thursday and bill received today.

I knew it was going to be hefty as propane is ~$4/gallon for us casual users that only get 50-100 gallons at a time. I've bitched about that price gouge before.

I opened it while chatting with the Postmaster and gasped! $1198.xx. WTF?

A little further investigation revealed that they hadn't credited my last oil payment yet (~$700) so the actual bill was closer to $400 which was about what I expected.

Sure gave the ol' cardiovascular system a pressure test for a minute there!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15539 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Something similar happened to me circa 2004-05. My electric bill from Nevada Power was $1100. That's a little above average (like 15x) for a one-bedroom apartment, so I called them up to see what gives. "Oh, that was a mistake. You'll be getting the correct amount bill soon." I joked that I'd have to dismantle my kitchen aluminum ore smelter. I don't recall if he got it or not.

Posts: 28756 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Had a customer a few years ago that had her Natural Gas cut off... when she called to inquire the customer service rep said it was because she had not paid her bill in 3 months and the reason was they, the gas company, had her zip code wrong and the bills were being returned.... it was all in the companies computer. They cut her off because they had the wrong mailing address and knew it.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
My bill to fill when I did have a propane tank typically crossed the 1k mark. IT SUCKED. I was soooo glad the new place has a natural gas line.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17644 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My wife's parents got a surprise shock water bill a few years back for like $2,000 and the water company demanded payment immediately. When my FIL looked into it, he was told they had been underbilled for the past 20 years or so at that address and the water company "just caught it". Something to do with the meter being off or something.

FIL told them it wasn't his problem that their equipment was defective and he would be getting his lawyer involved. They backed down after a while and installed a new meter but he wasn't forced to pay for their problem.

Posts: 34728 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post