SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Sig pistol sub forum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig pistol sub forum Login/Join 
Picture of gunsmoke92
posted
While I'm not here a lot, I still check in from time to time. I'm really surprised to see more threads about every other gun brand than Sig in a sub-forum dedicated to Sig Pistols. Is it really that hard to create a sub-forum for "other firearms" so we don't have to search 44 post to find 8 threads about Sig's?

The best defense is a good offense, and I'm really offensive. Wink

Posts: 298 | Location: Rigby,ID | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Lol. Nothing to do with "hard to create". Simplicity works here. Not "that hard" to find threads about SIGs. Wink

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44405 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunsmoke92:
I'm really surprised to see more threads about every other gun brand than Sig in a sub-forum dedicated to Sig Pistols.

Note the subtitle for that subforum:

SIG Pistols
Discussion of SIG and other pistols.

Wink

Posts: 32992 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
This is like asking why there are discussions of shotguns in Mason's Rifle Room.

Posts: 28586 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
There are more threads about other brands of pistols because SIG is only one brand and there are many other brands of pistols. Therefore, SIG will always be outnumbered because it's many brands versus one brand.

It is impractical to separate discussion of SIG pistols from that of other pistols because, frequently, particular discussions of SIG pistols involves discussion of other brands as well.

The idea of restricting discussion to SIGs only is impractical and serves only to impede conversations. If you have questions about SIGs in general, or specific models, by all means, create a thread for that purpose, and if the conversation, by necessity or whim, drifts into other brands, you can take comfort in the fact that a moderator is not going to jump out of the virtual bushes to admonish you for going with the flow.

Brand-specific forums which restrict conversations in this manner have always seemed spastic to me yes I said spastic. If you were having a conversation about SIGs face-to-face and the conversation included other brands of pistols, you wouldn't get all weird about it, slap the other person across the face with your gloves and tell them that your second shall call upon them for terms, before storming off.

In this forum, we do compartmentalize subject matter, such as strictly prohibiting political discussion in apolitical threads because unlike discussing more than one brand of pistols, political discussion tends to take over topics once introduced to them and it also agitates the natives and bores the ever-loving shit out of the admin.

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31341 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
So if your desired change(s) were made, where would we discuss the Browning BDAs or Sig 1911s?

Posts: 9383 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Or GLOCKS!

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7253 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I think your own statement shows that a SIG specific sub forum would be very slow and not worth the split and making both sub forums slower.

I have a very small, extremely slow forum about a specific firearm that there's little information about. It's dead because of that, AND that people are tired of answering the same four questions for the last 25 years. Smile

Posts: 21325 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunsmoke92
posted Hide Post
Then I guess the question should be "why bother to come to a Sig forum if you're going to discuss everything but Sigs? Have Sig firearms become so boring or of such poor quality that we would rather discuss anything but Sigs on a Sig forum? If I'm looking for something specific, the search function serves the purpose, but if I've come to read what folks are discussing concerning that specific firearm brand, I'd rather not have to search through pages to find that info. Oh well, had to ask, I'll move on.

Posts: 298 | Location: Rigby,ID | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then I guess the question should be "why bother to come to a Sig forum if you're going to discuss everything but Sigs? Have Sig firearms become so boring or of such poor quality that we would rather discuss anything but Sigs on a Sig forum?

I see discussions pro and con about all firearms here. None get a free pass. Particularly Sig.
Having said that, if you need help w/ a Sig problem, this might be the place to check in.

Posts: 7481 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then I guess the question should be "why bother to come to a Sig forum if you're going to discuss everything but Sigs? Have Sig firearms become so boring or of such poor quality that we would rather discuss anything but Sigs on a Sig forum?

Because this isn't your traditional brand- or topic-centric forum.

Yes, members here discuss everything. The discussions do include Sigs sometimes, but they're not just about Sigs, or even guns in general.

And as a result, this has become much more of a community than your typical gun forum. At least for those members who choose to regularly participate in the wide-ranging discussions.

The discussions and membership here are of such quality and variety that one can find expertise and competent advice on anything, no matter that topic - from cars to pets to home improvement to economics to medicine to history to guns, and much, much more.

It's a discussion forum. We're here to discuss stuff. Not just to rehash the same handful of directly Sig-related topics.

Posts: 32992 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then I guess the question should be "why bother to come to a Sig forum if you're going to discuss everything but Sigs?
We don't "discuss everything but SIGs" and if you're going to be disingenuous and look like you're just looking for something to piss about, then this isn't the place for you. I notice your registration date of nearly twenty years ago, when this forum was laid out almost exactly as it is today. If you're that slow on the uptake, I suppose that would account for your lack of appreciation of an ad-free venue with a broad range of subject matter.

Anything else? Maybe take another decade or two and find out if you don't care for the color scheme or something.

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
SIGforum has an excellent 'Search Function'. As an example, an 'Advanced Search' for posts authored by the OP reveals that prior to the posts in this thread, 4 out of the last 10 posts were about Pistols other than SIGs; two re: Glocks (in the 'You will buy a Glock' thread!) and two re: S&W. That said, should one not want to wade through all of the 'Quality Discussion' re: numerous diverse topics and/or diverse interests in 'Quality Firearms', a narrow search can be configured to bypass all the distraction(s) discussed here by the extremely knowledgeable membership of SIGforum! Or, perhaps one could broaden their horizons and take it all in...Just sayin' Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9411 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunsmoke92
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Then I guess the question should be "why bother to come to a Sig forum if you're going to discuss everything but Sigs?
We don't "discuss everything but SIGs" and if you're going to be disingenuous and look like you're just looking for something to piss about, then this isn't the place for you. I notice your registration date of nearly twenty years ago, when this forum was laid out almost exactly as it is today. If you're that slow on the uptake, I suppose that would account for your lack of appreciation of an ad-free venue with a broad range of subject matter.

Anything else? Maybe take another decade or two and find out if you don't care for the color scheme or something.

Not disingenuous, and really didn't come here to piss and moan about anything. I have been here for nearly 20 years, the color is fine, always has been, but there was a time when I could click on "Sig Pistols" and have pages of content about Sigs on the "Sig Forum". I guess a better way to state my question would be "why has that changed"? I'm merely curious, not trying to pick a fight. I go to the Glock forum to read about Glocks, the S&W forum to read about S&W, so why not go to a Sig forum to read about Sigs? Like this forum, the others offer content about other brands, and that's fine, but they tend to separate them from the signature brand. I merely inquired why that's not done here. Also, as you may note, I finished that last response with "Oh well, had to ask, I'll move on", which was intended to be a polite way of saying "I got my answer and won't dwell on it further".

Sorry if I rubbed someone the wrong way, it was not my intent.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
but there was a time when I could click on "Sig Pistols" and have pages of content about Sigs on the "Sig Forum". I guess a better way to state my question would be "why has that changed"?

The only thing that's always changing is folks coming and going.

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I have never had a question about a Sig that did not get answered here. Usually with more information then I knew I needed. Just what you should expect on a forum for Sigs.

I’ve never seen any question asked here not get an answer. Any topic, any question. That’s what you can expect from SIGforum.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3894 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be honest, I like the diversity of topics. I am continuously amazed by the width and depth of knowledge the membership has here.

Plus, it keeps us from becoming the dreaded "FANBOYS".

Posts: 4750 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Gunsmoke92, feel free to introduce all the Sig-specific threads you want. Smile

Posts: 23171 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post