SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    It's a good thing I'm on blood pressure meds!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's a good thing I'm on blood pressure meds! Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
I had a 9:00 appointment at the VA Clinic in Bangor. That's normally an hour trip +/-

I left 2 hours before the appointment because it rained all day yesterday and then froze last night so I suspected the roads might be less than optimal. Plus I wanted to make two quick stops on the way.

The roads WERE a little treacherous, but not terribly so, if you have any clue how to drive in Winter weather. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I got behind every moron with access to a set of keys. 15 MPH when traffic moved at all. Got behind not one but THREE different plow/salt trucks.

Got halfway (Ellsworth) and still had an hour left so I soldiered on. Got halfway from Ellsworth to Bangor and came to a dead stop. Sat for 20 minutes or so when it became obvious that there was no way I was going to make the 9:00 appointment. Accident, I assume, never did see the cause. Called in and they didn't have another appointment available today, so I rescheduled for Friday.

Also had an appointment to get the RAV's 10,000 mile (free) service but that wasn't until 12:30 and I wasn't going to get to Bangor at 9:30 or whatever and wait around 3+ hours, so I canceled that as well. THEY won't be able to get me back in until sometime after the 22nd.

Some days it just doesn't pay to chew through the straps.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sucks. Go find another tractor that will bring it right down!

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
That sucks. Go find another tractor that will bring it right down!

Actually, I had planned to stop by Hobby Lobby to stock up on stuff for my diorama-building jones...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That works too!

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post