SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    At what point do you lose it?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

At what point do you lose it? Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted
Ordering food today:

Me - I’ll take a mushroom and Swiss burger.

Order taker - Do you want cheese on that?

Me - Yes

Order taker - American or cheddar?

Me - Do you have Swiss?

Order taker yelling to the kitchen - Do we have Swiss cheese?

Cook - Yes

Me - I’d like Swiss then.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess they could not fit the word cheese on the menu. You could have been requesting a Swiss citizen. Gotta be sure. Lots of folks get Cheddar on their Swiss burger I guess.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Look at the positive, at least the worker spoke English!

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I dunno about losing it, but my wiseass gene would have certainly been evident...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would overdo being nice to avoid extra fluids on my food Wink

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The good news is I got everything I ordered. I really tried to make it simple by ordering what was on the menu. No special requests. The biscuits and gravy, bacon and cheddar cheeseburger were no problem.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered a bacon cheeseburger once and the blond order taker said, "we don't have a bacon cheeseburger." Then, "I can get you a cheeseburger with bacon though if you want that instead." I just considered it entertaining but she was serious.

Posts: 124 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Just as soon as they ask me if I'm finished...

'How did you know she was from Finland?'

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Chicfila has probably the best trained work force but we seem to have found the kink in the training.
Wife likes the 12pc grilled chicken nuggets with two avocado lime ranch dressings for each 12ct ordered and i normally get her two while i am at

When busy the always have 5-6 order takers walking the drive through.

So i order a sandwich meal, 2-12ct grilled nuggets and 4 avocado lime ranch dressings.

Get to the window and pay. Get the order and only two avocado lime ranches.

I remind them that i asked for and want 4. They always start with the you only get one for each 12ct bla bla bla.

I finally lost it yesterday and cut the guy off and said i don't care. I asked for four and want four. If you charge me then charge me but i want four damnit.

Guy slow walks to the fridge and gets two more at no charge this time.

Charge if you need to but give me what ordered!!!! They haven't been trained to deal with simple things.

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Ordered at Panera a Smokehouse Chicken sandwich and requested no cheese.

It was a carry out, got to the car and checked the receipt and the order.

“Smokehouse Chicken, no Chicken” is what the receipt said, checked the order, yep, no chicken!

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I hate it when I’m ordering a hamburger..

Me: I’d like a hamburger with mustard, ketchup and pickle only

Cashier: would you like cheese with that?

Me: NO that’s a cheeseburger. If I wanted a CHEESEburger, I’d ask for a CHEESEburger. I want a hamburger, mustard ketchup and pickles only. (Sometimes I’ll add: don’t fuck it up)

Mrs. Mike gives me the look…

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

Me: I’d like a hamburger with mustard, ketchup and pickle only

Cashier: would you like cheese with that?

Me: NO that’s a cheeseburger. If I wanted a CHEESEburger, I’d ask for a CHEESEburger. I want a hamburger, mustard ketchup and pickles only. (Sometimes I’ll add: don’t fuck it up)

Mrs. Mike gives me the look…

Interestingly enough, regardless of where we buy a burger, they always ask that.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

Me: I’d like a hamburger with mustard, ketchup and pickle only.

Same as mine, but I always get hit with:

'Do you want the meal or the hamburger?'

The burger. If I wanted the meal, I would have asked for the meal. Duh?

Why is this so hard???

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
More than once I’ve asked for a cheeseburger with nothing but ketchup and had the person confirm you just want a bun with ketchup, no meat or cheese.

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
My last trip to Taco Bell. Line is long. I'm behind these two women who are just talking up a storm. 10 minutes later they reach the register. Oh, we have to decide what we want now. Me on low simmer behind them watching all this thinking half my lunch hour is wasted. They decide and order and stand there for another 30 seconds before it hits them they have to pay for their order. Both start digging about in their garbage bag size purses, thinking my head is going to explode if they try and write a check. People who have no clue that there are others around them just really piss me off. Did I lose it? Nope.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the classic “get out of the line” from John Pinette
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmFDtgfgyD8

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was at a Taco Bell when the car three ahead backed out. Everyone had to back up to accommodate. They were at the window TB had signs up stating cash only

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Mouthbreather: What name should I put on the order?

Me {speaking clearly at same volume they understood rest of order}: Todd, T-o-d-d

Mouthbreather: Can you repeat?

Me {speaking clearly but slower}: Todd, T-o-d-d

Mouthbreather: Can you repeat?

Me {speaking clearly but louder}: Todd, T-o-d-d

Mouthbreather: Ok, Tim

Credit Card terminal: Do you want to add a tip?

Me: {Mashes "no" button}

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Ordering food today:

Me - I’ll take a mushroom and Swiss burger.

Order taker - Do you want cheese on that?

Me - Yes

Order taker - American or cheddar?

Me - Do you have Swiss?

Order taker yelling to the kitchen - Do we have Swiss cheese?

Cook - Yes

Me - I’d like Swiss then.
Seriously , this is nothing . If you order fast food much this is typical and expected .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I feel like the day I blow my top at work is going to come sooner than later.
Last week, guy walks in and says, “I need Sakrete.”
Me, “What type?”
Idiot, “Sakrete!”
Me, “80lbs, 60lbs, fast setting, crack resistant, mortar?! What? Type?”
Idiot, “Uh...80lbs I guess.”

Fuuuuuuuuuck! Mad

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post