SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    At what point do you lose it?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

At what point do you lose it? Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
One of the Ace stores that I dealt with was owned by a man, managed by a woman. The female manager had a sign on her desk: "Do you want to speak with the man in charge, or the woman who knows what she's doing?" Very true.

To be fair, I do know a few of those gals as well and wouldn't hesitate to give them a call if need be. But, in my experience with most hardware stores, the odds are with me.

Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! - I hope you will make a good use of it. - if you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it. - John Adams

Posts: 17814 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
This problem didn't just start recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puJePACBoIo

Posts: 8055 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It really shouldn't take four phone calls to one store over a 15 minutes to confirm that they have 15 cases of distilled water.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 52124 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm close and when I mean close, it's the proverbial C hair away.
Just about a half an hour ago almost sent me over the edge dealing with a new temp.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3268 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:

Little Caesars pizza itself would be a deal breaker for me. I think I'd just as soon eat the cardboard box it comes in.

Cardboard? It’s good for you,go ahead, Doc says I need more FIBER in my diet. Big Grin

Posts: 10899 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It really shouldn't take four phone calls to one store over a 15 minutes to confirm that they have 15 cases of distilled water.

And then !

While unloading those 15 cases at home ,
You find out that four of those cases are NOT distilled but spring water.
Frown

I blame the suits

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 52124 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Ordering food today:

Me - I’ll take a mushroom and Swiss burger.

Order taker - Do you want cheese on that?

Me - Yes

Order taker - American or cheddar?

Me - Do you have Swiss?

Order taker yelling to the kitchen - Do we have Swiss cheese?

Cook - Yes

Me - I’d like Swiss then.

I would have at least said something like "That is what the Swiss is - Swiss cheese."

I do like a mushroom-Swiss burger, too.

At McDonald's it is all I can do, when they ask me "Do you want anything else?," to not say, "That is why I stopped talking - my order is complete, and I have ordered everything I want."

I know they are trained to do this. Maybe it is upselling and maybe it is that they have learned that many people are idiots and forget to order a drink, but it drives me crazy.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 51612 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My friend Rick was born on December 31 so we usually get together that evening for a combined birthday/New Year's party. A few years back his wife ordered a cake from Wal*Mart over the telephone and picked it up without looking at it. When we unboxed it that evening this is what was written on it, verbatim:

Happy Birthday Rick!
Below That
Happy New Year!

We still laugh about it.

Posts: 821 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
An apocryphal but plausible story:

Marc orders a coffee at Starbucks.
Server: "What name on the order?"
Marc: "Marc, with a C."
Marc gets his order and the label says "Cark."

Posts: 25821 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post