SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Where are the robot lawn mowers?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where are the robot lawn mowers? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Holy smokes, y'all, I saw the coolest remote control mower yesterday! It wasn't really a robot, per se, as there was a fella walking around about 10 yards behind it with a big ol' remote control in his hands.

The device was mowing a slope -- steep enough that I don't think any of us would want to ride a tractor or a zero-turn on it. I saw it a couple of seconds before I saw the (remote) operator.

It looked like this, sort of:

The bulk of it was orange, so I assumed it was a Husqvarna product, but I haven't looked into that yet.
When I was researching my RC mower that was one of the mowers I checked out because it’s based on a zero turn.

Unfortunately the guy was great at engineering and terrible at business and collected a bunch of deposits and only delivered a few mowers and kept the big down payments.

Posts: 3998 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I aways bought a good quality rider with a maintenance agreement because I liked to mow the grass. I would put on my headphones and ride like the wind. I even enjoyed trimming and weed whacking too.
The only time I did not like it was when it was very hot and humid. A robot would have killed the joy for me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16373 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John Deere was at one time working on a G.P.S. "smart "mower.

I.i.r.c. it went from 21" cut to 32" cut and from gas to electric
And from rear wheel to front wheel drive
With whispers of a 4 w.d. model.

Four years went by and it went from manufacturing in America to over seas

That was three years ago.
Have not seen them around here at all

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55165 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rizzle:
Robot mowers, snowblowers, vacuums, etc. No need for them.
We need a robot wife Big Grin

Many of us have been saying this for years.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53235 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:

Just remember that these won't eliminate all your yardwork, but it will turn what would be a 4 hour job into a 20 minute job(detail trimming).

Juan eliminates all yardwork, does a damn good job, and costs about $40 every two weeks.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53235 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:

Just remember that these won't eliminate all your yardwork, but it will turn what would be a 4 hour job into a 20 minute job(detail trimming).

Juan eliminates all yardwork, does a damn good job, and costs about $40 every two weeks.

You must have a postage stamp. The Juan’s around here learned from hanging out in front of Home Depot that they should be making $40-$60 an hour, cash.

Posts: 3998 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Virginia Aviation Museum had a couple of them running when I was there last week,

grass looked fine, but you could see where they were programmed to not go, or could no go due to the terrian

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10564 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

https://ibb.co/Xywg3QF
My fathers last project before passing last year. He didn't like the turning, so he removed the two front drives.

Posts: 271 | Location: Stafford, VA | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I'm holding out for GMO-grass that doesn't grow or need to be cut. Smile

Posts: 4055 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:

I'm holding out for GMO-grass that doesn't grow or need to be cut. Smile
Astro turf.

I told my wife that we should just call the concrete truck and paint it all green.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31370 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Battery should last the season.
Does this mean you need to purchase a new battery every year? Confused

Posts: 9245 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
^^^That is in reference to the Smart Tag.

Posts: 11205 | Location: The Magnolia State | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post