SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Infiniti's Out of Tune 2001 School Orchestra Ads
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Infiniti's Out of Tune 2001 School Orchestra Ads Login/Join 
posted
Because of these ads, I will never buy an Infiniti car. Ever.

To the tone deaf ad people who thought this was a good idea - it isn't.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think they’re funny

You don’t get the point they’re trying to make?

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I think they’re funny

Sure I get the point. Doesn't mean I like hearing this abomination every 15 minutes when I have Fox News on. To a non-musician, perhaps it is funny. To someone who plays, it's excruciating.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
^^^agreed.

Second strike is Infiniti vehicles use laser driven collision avoidance systems. They set off my valentine one.

Posts: 3718 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
It was funny the first 10 times, after that...not so much.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
MIGHT have been cute if it was an actual beginning band playing but when I saw the close up of the girl with the French Horn and how she had her lower lip on the mouthpiece I knew they were paid actors who had never played a note and likely there were studio musicians faking the bad playing. Any beginning player would know better how to blow a horn after the first day with it, the way she had it would be impossible to even make a sound.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My oldest is in 5th grade band, so I find it amusing.

Having been in band before, it is painful to listen to.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15281 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
I want to know how she got such a strange parking spot.

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I think they’re funny

Sure I get the point. Doesn't mean I like hearing this abomination every 15 minutes when I have Fox News on. To a non-musician, perhaps it is funny. To someone who plays, it's excruciating.

Beats having to watch and listen to Mike Lindell every 10 minutes. I can't watch Fox News without a mute button close by anymore. Frown

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Sure I get the point. Doesn't mean I like hearing this abomination every 15 minutes when I have Fox News on.

I think the blame goes with Fox. They're the ones airing it. (Yes, I know Infiniti is paying them to do so.)

quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
MIGHT have been cute if it was an actual beginning band playing but when I saw the close up of the girl with the French Horn and how she had her lower lip on the mouthpiece I knew they were paid actors who had never

Ah, c'mon. Clearly the advertising company knows it's cheaper/easier to get a bunch of kids to pose with instruments and add a good band playing bad notes than it is to get a bunch of kids who actually know how to play instruments and get them to play badly.

quote:
Originally posted by 9x18:
I want to know how she got such a strange parking spot.

Indeed!

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Beats having to watch and listen to Mike Lindell every 10 minutes.

Can't deny.

- - - - -
Disclaimer: I'm a Nissan/Infiniti fan. Wink

Bright side: Thank you, Lefty Sig, for spelling Infiniti correctly. Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Dont forget Tatiana and New Day USA

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HRK,

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Liberty Biberty

Posts: 12917 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Liberty deliberately makes their commercials super-annoying. So does Progressive; GEICO seems more inventive and less annoying.

My wife hates the Infiniti commercial more than I, I guess that means she's the real musician.

Posts: 18043 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Was watching some old shows (with the old commercials) and it said the fall of '86 was the best time to buy an Accord ever!

Seeing the price that the thing goes for now, I'd have to agree.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Beats having to watch and listen to Mike Lindell every 10 minutes. I can't watch Fox News without a mute button close by anymore. Frown

Newsmax and OAN are even worse. The man has saturated all of the conservative channels. How he makes any money given what he spends on advertising is a mystery to me. I pray he goes bankrupt and then just goes away.

At least many of the other obnoxious commercials are short 15-30 second spots that are tolerable. Lindell has 1-2 minute infomercials. I cannot watch them or even listen to them. It's either mute or turn off the channel...the latter likely being the best choice.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Beats having to watch and listen to Mike Lindell every 10 minutes. I can't watch Fox News without a mute button close by anymore.

You could buy one of his pillows and cover your ears when it comes on, and repeat, "nananananananananananananananna" until it's over Big Grin

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'd say that all these commercials that annoy you all have accomplished what they set out to do and that is remember them and who the company is.

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post