SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Meth cooker burnt our 5th wheel to the ground
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meth cooker burnt our 5th wheel to the ground Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
It's a problem around here as well. Hunting cabins that are mostly unoccupied all year except for a few weeks in the fall during deer hunting season. They get turned into meth labs or crash pads for all sorts of riff raff. I know guys who don't even bother to lock them up because they just get damaged during a break in.

Our place is unoccupied two or three days a week at the most during the week. I always look for fresh tire tracks when I turn into the driveway or anything that looks even the slightest out of place from where I left it before even getting out of the truck.

Hope you get made whole from you're loss. That old barn wood was worth some serious $$. People are paying premium prices for reclaimed wood and metal especially with that nice old barn patina.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Sorry that your barn burnt down from these meth idiots. I can't even imagine the damage if propane tanks were stored in close proximity someplace in your barn..especially if it was located much closer to you.

Thats the most difficult part is all the work, sweat, and love you put into it.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Judge let them out on O.R. bond. They'll beat feet and disappear.

I’m sorry about your barn. Those are getting to be rare.

My dad’s property was burglarized this spring. We caught the guys on camera, turned that info over to police, then later in the day on my way to the store I saw the car in question parked and called the cops. Caught him with a few items of my dad’s that he hadn’t sold yet.

He was out in the next day or so on O.R. My dad is out all the stuff he stole. It’s unbelievable the way crime is paying these days.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5275 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
My dad’s property was burglarized this spring. We caught the guys on camera, turned that info over to police, then later in the day on my way to the store I saw the car in question parked and called the cops. Caught him with a few items of my dad’s that he hadn’t sold yet.

He was out in the next day or so on O.R. My dad is out all the stuff he stole. It’s unbelievable the way crime is paying these days.
Yup. The miscreant walks.

And yet, if a person has the chutzpah to show that he is ready to defend his property, just ready, mind you, not actually harming one hair on the head of a miscreant, that defender is guilty. Mark McCloskey.

We are living in a world of insanity.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30534 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Sorry that your barn burnt down from these meth idiots. I can't even imagine the damage if propane tanks were stored in close proximity someplace in your barn..especially if it was located much closer to you.

Thats the most difficult part is all the work, sweat, and love you put into it.

We removed the tanks. Had the barn wired with 50 amp service. Used barn wood from other barns in the area that were in disrepair to fix it up. Now, it's a pile of rubble.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EPA showed up.

Operation Clusterfuck has begun.

posted Hide Post
SSS... backhoes are quicker & easier though.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1210 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
EPA showed up.

Operation Clusterfuck has begun.

Oh fuck...
That's not a good thing.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8314 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No it's not.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Eforcement after the crime, show up and punish the victim. Government at work.

Posts: 21043 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

Big jump/assumption there. I have yet to see a land owner get billed or whatever because some dipshit “F”Ed up his clan lab. The EPA, as most fed agencies, are messed up but, haven’t seen that issue arise.

Posts: 4019 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
quote:

Big jump/assumption there. I have yet to see a land owner get billed or whatever because some dipshit “F”Ed up his clan lab. The EPA, as most fed agencies, are messed up but, haven’t seen that issue arise.

EPA is almost as screwed up as ATF. They blocked the road with their vehicles. Only after a Deputy ordered them to move, did they. Very accusatory in their interview. This bunch are premature ejaculations.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Fuzz, I was never a fan of the EPA.
Quick story- UofChgo Physics student (quite literally an atom-splitter!) decided he wants to "shed his mortal coil". Uses antifreeze, some other chemicals and the radioactive element in a household smoke detector.
Calls 911, tells the dispatcher his final plans. Dispatcher is smart enough to take notes, relays it to Fire Dept.
Fire, CFD Haz-Mat team, EMS, and police show up.

Whack job Atom-splitter lives in an 8 flat apartment building. Landlord shows up on scene.

Someone from CFD called the EPA.
They showed up like a scene from "Men in Black" only wearing khakis yammering about "class 5 containment areas" and someone pulled out a giger counter. It goes off...

EPA ordered the evacuation of the building (the other 7 units), so NO RENT COMING IN. EPA also hands over a list of "approved" companies that are certified in cleaning up "Radiological Waist". When asked, that bill starts at $500,000.

Give State Farm a call and see how hard they laugh when you submit that claim.

Talking to the Haz-Mat guys that I knew on scene, that contraption that Genus made would have actually worked and killed him given enough time.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8314 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s too bad. The guys I worked a/ a couple times were cool. When they did their clean up tried to stay the hell out of the way. The toxic waste from meth labs is bad bad stuff. Always happy to have them come and clean it up.

Posts: 4019 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Never personally dealt with the Feds, but used to interact with basically the same people on the state level, frequently. After listening to them cavalierly talking about, even joking about destroying peoples lives, I decided I didn't want to be around them anymore.

Posts: 21043 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
That’s too bad. The guys I worked a/ a couple times were cool. When they did their clean up tried to stay the hell out of the way. The toxic waste from meth labs is bad bad stuff. Always happy to have them come and clean it up.

I hope that your experience is the norm!

The goofs in the EPA that I and my Dad (Pop started HazMat here on the CFD) had to deal with were a bunch of hand-jobs.

posted Hide Post
Once we got some ground rules down, it's going smoothly.

1. Don't block our driveway or our neighbors down the road or the road.

2. When people wave, wave back. It's common curtesy.

3. If you need something, ask. Someone around here probably has it and will help.

posted Hide Post
quote:

My question is who in Thee F cooks meth anymore?

Larry, Darryl, and Darryl.

They'll do anything, for a buck.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have one retarded brain cell between them. I dealt with them, routinely, when I was a city cop and deputy.

Soon as the judge released them on the O.R. bond, they were a puff of smoke.

posted Hide Post
quote:
They have one retarded brain cell between them. I dealt with them, routinely, when I was a city cop and deputy.

Soon as the judge released them on the O.R. bond, they were a puff of smoke.

Look at it this way-
They, and your 5th Wheel have something in common...
Puff of smoke! Big Grin