SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Meth cooker burnt our 5th wheel to the ground
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meth cooker burnt our 5th wheel to the ground Login/Join 
posted
Our 5th wheel is parked in a barn about a mile from the house.

The other night, fire trucks went down the road and we could see the glow in the sky.

Someone had broken into the barn and was using the camper to cook meth. Deputies found footprints and found Larry, Darryl and Darryl in the woods.

Hated to lose the camper but the barn was over 100 years old and I put a lot of time and love into fixing it.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Well, that sucks. Sorry to hear about that. Druggies, a scourge.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Dang that stinks. They'll probably get community service or something, and you lose your barn and camper.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
That sucks. Damn methheads.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
A fitting punishment would be for the LEO's to let you beat the shit outta the assholes that burned down your property.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11053 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Judge let them out on O.R. bond. They'll beat feet and disappear.

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:

WHF is wrong with out judges? Burglary, trespass, arson, conspiracy to cook, conspiracy to distribute, possession of precursor chemicals, probably possession of a controlled substance and the fucker lets them WALK!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

My question is who in Thee F cooks meth anymore? The stuff from Mexico is 100% pure and on average a whole lot cheaper than homemade crystal by Festus Incorporated!!!!!

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
quote:

WHF is wrong with out judges? Burglary, trespass, arson, conspiracy to cook, conspiracy to distribute, possession of precursor chemicals, probably possession of a controlled substance and the fucker lets them WALK!

Pretty much par for the course everywhere these days. I live and work in a very conservative rural area, and that's pretty much SOP around here too. And it takes so long for cases to actually go to trial that we've often arrested the same dirtbags on 4 or 5 other charges before they go to trial on the first one.

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Pretty much par for the course everywhere these days. I live and work in a very conservative rural area, and that's pretty much SOP around here too. And it takes so long for cases to actually go to trial that we've often arrested the same dirtbags on 4 or 5 other charges before they go to trial on the first one.

Pretty much makes you want to go bullet, shovel, lime.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post
I wish this forum had a like or thumbs up button...

Posts: 498 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Better off to lose the trailer instead of exposing you and your family to the residual chemicals that the cooking would have left in there.

Too bad about the barn, though.

Posts: 879 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Sure hope you had insurance on both.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have insurance. Interesting conversation with the agent though.

Then there is the HAZMAT clean up.

Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Pretty much makes you want to go bullet, shovel, lime.

That would start making a dent in the problem. We have exceeded our capacity for bad guys.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Too bad they made it out of the trailer.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:

Interesting how? like him trying to find a way to deny the claim?

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
quote:

Interesting how? like him trying to find a way to deny the claim?

"Hey John, our trailer burnt to the ground"
"Sorry to hear that, how"
"Some asshole was using it to cook meth"
"Ummmm. You?"
"Nope, I'm an asshole but not this time"
"Do you have a police report?"
"Yep, and a F.D. report, and the EPA report is coming. By the way, there will be a HAZMAT clean up with this,"
"Oh Hell"

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I hope they make it right!!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'd be interested to see the cost of that one.

I had a really weird attempt suicide some years back, long story short, there was "radioactive" material involved, and the lovely people at the EPA stuck their noses into the situation.
The owner of the property was excited as all hell when they found out clean-up started at $500,000.

Im hoping that clean-up on a meth lab trailer out in the open is going to be much cheaper!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post