SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Refurbished computer arrived disgusting!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Refurbished computer arrived disgusting!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Ordered a refurbished computer from a seller on eBay with stellar reviews and provided a 1 year warranty.
Opened the box and pulled it out and was immediately bashed in the face with likely years of cigarette smoke funk should have just slid it right back in.
Opened it up and the entire surround around the keyboard and trackpad was sticky and had cat or dog hair stuck to it.
It is going back!

Sure wish whoever used to have all those used computers for sale on here was still selling. Always had good deals just never needed one.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25431 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
That sucks

I have bought a couple refurbs on Newegg for my boys, no complaints

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=...d&N=100006740%204016

Posts: 5338 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Offered a return with no fuss.

Just went to the local refurb shop. They had 40% off for Black Friday extended to today.
Got a little better machine smoke free for cheaper.

————————————————

Banned
posted Hide Post
Buy through Amazons refurbished program. Comes with a better than new warranty. When mine showed up it worked perfect and did not even have a fingerprint on it. Saved alot of $$ as well.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
for years i've been buying small form factor i5 dells, 500g, 8g ram, win10, office16 on the last one,for $100 on craigslist from a local guy.

Posts: 2217 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Must have been a "smokin" PC.

Glad you got resolution.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3763 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
You can smell smoke on a computer?

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5046 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can smell cigarette smoke on damn near anything that has received long term exposure to it.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
You can smell cigarette smoke on damn near anything that has received long term exposure to it.

I work part time as an RSO at a local Gun Shop with Range. We've had nice old shotguns traded in to us that reeked of cigarette smoke so bad we couldn't put them out on the used gun sales rack for 2+ weeks after thorough cleaning with EEZOX and other solvents. But they still smelled of smoke. The wood stocks absorb the awful smell.

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:

Yup, almost anything that is in a Smokey environment will reek of smoke when in a no smoking environment.

quote:
Originally posted by sig239dlehr:
quote:

I work part time as an RSO at a local Gun Shop with Range. We've had nice old shotguns traded in to us that reeked of cigarette smoke so bad we couldn't put them out on the used gun sales rack for 2+ weeks after thorough cleaning with EEZOX and other solvents. But they still smelled of smoke. The wood stocks absorb the awful smell.

I buy pretty much every Marlin Glenfield .22 I come across.
There is a Gun Shop not too far away (think it is still around) and the 2 fellas that work there just sit and smoke all day. Never mind the indoor smoking ban.
Found a little Glenfield that had been in the corner for who knows how long.
Took quite a bit of lemon oil and time in the sun for the stock to no longer reek.

————————————————

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
finding a used gun that smells of smoke?

I like it!

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:

Yup, almost anything that is in a Smokey environment will reek of smoke when in a no smoking environment.

quote:
Originally posted by sig239dlehr:
quote:

I buy pretty much every Marlin Glenfield .22 I come across.
There is a Gun Shop not too far away (think it is still around) and the 2 fellas that work there just sit and smoke all day. Never mind the indoor smoking ban.
Found a little Glenfield that had been in the corner for who knows how long.
Took quite a bit of lemon oil and time in the sun for the stock to no longer reek.

There used to be a shop west of Detroit, been around since the early 70's. I finally went in there probably about 2005 or 6 for some 1911 parts, someone told me they had a large selection of them.

Walked into a large cloud of cigarette smoke. Walls were brown with smoke stains. L was in and out in probably a minute or so, it was that bad. Two or three guys sitting and smoking up a storm. I get that the business owner owns his business and can do as he pleases but damn a little courtesy for the guy walking into it.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8113 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post