SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People that refer to the queen of England as "The Queen".
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People that refer to the queen of England as "The Queen". Login/Join 
posted
Apparently the queen of England is dying. I'm sorry to hear that, but she is not our queen, nor is she "The Queen." I don't know much about world government, but as far as I know, there are multiple queens. Also, we earned our independence from England, so she is most definitely not our queen.
Anyway, the office chatter among the women folk is that "The Queen" is dying. Oh no! What are we going to do? Will they have a ceremony at Westminster? I get it that girls grow up with fairy tales, but We The People do not have a queen.

** My Underdeveloped Collection **
Sig Sauer P229 .40 Black with Aluminum Grips
Sig Sauer P250 9mm Black
Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm
Springfield XD .40 Subcompact Black
Springfield XD .45 Tactical Bi-Tone

Posts: 645 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
So, why does it bother you then?

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She is THE QUEEN of England . Not OUR QUEEN . Any time the Royal Family is mentioned the haters come out . Let it go .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
OP, Poor form and bad timing, in my opinion.

PS: You may want to skip the thread in The Lounge.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Lighten up, Francis.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
More power to you, OP. Don't let these overly sensitive throne lovers bring you down. No one with half a brain gives an F about other countries monarchies.

While were at it, let me point out a few things:

https://www.reuters.com/world/...e-summit-2021-11-01/

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/w...says-senior-n1278894

https://www.advocate.com/world...ecord-united-kingdom

Posts: 4448 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Long live the King.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Show some respect.

To many members of the board she was a very important figure.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Show some respect.

To many members of the board she was a very important figure.

Actually the OP has showed respect.

He did not make his feelings known in the other thread in the Lounge.

He started his own thread, in the proper forum.

Just because some members feel this woman is important doesn't mean all of the members do. And his post in this thread is not full of piss and vinegar either.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oddball:

You are right, I stand corrected.

My apologies to xd45man for jumping down his throat.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
She was the only queen in North America and thus could be referred to as The Queen by anyone in North America.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Any discussion of the Queen always reminds me of this scene from Unforgiven…

For perspective, this movie took place in 1881, and Queen Elizabeth was born in 1926.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
She was the only queen in North America and thus could be referred to as The Queen by anyone in North America.

I’m shocked. I had no idea England was in North America.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:

The British Monarch is the Head of State in Canada. Which is why Canada has a Prime Minister, and not a President.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:

The British Monarch is the Head of State in Canada. Which is why Canada has a Prime Minister, and not a President.

I did not know that. Clearly.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
She may be the Head of State in Canada, but not of North America, which, last I checked, has more countries than just Canada. People can refer whatever they want, but she is not The Queen of North America.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sure, She was not the Queen of the United States of America, but a simple title can be understood without reference.

There is a royal palace in the USA, so it depends on your perspective throughout history.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
She may be the Head of State in Canada, but not of North America, which, last I checked, has more countries than just Canada. People can refer whatever they want, but she is not The Queen of North America.
Trapper did not assert that she was the queen of North America; he said that she was the only queen in North America. True statement (unless you count Queen Latifah).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
No, they have a Prime Minister because they have a Parliamentary form of government.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post