SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I 've been called a Bigot.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I 've been called a Bigot. Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I can't say much about it but I called out and reported a bigot to HR.

I got interviewed during the investigation and will sit in on the corrective action meeting.

I want and demand termination.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Just in case that ever happens to me, I need to memorize the Crash Davis quote from Bull Durham, but tailor it to my beliefs…

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My plan for something like this is to totally confound the accuser. First I will state that they failed to use my chosen Pronoun. This will lead to a bit of shock that someone so old could be so Woke Aware. Then they will ask what my chosen pronoun is. To which my reply would be one simple word, Master.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbaturbo:
So how did this situation come about?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Is there dessert, or is this the wrong thread for the cake?

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Is there dessert, or is this the wrong thread for the cake?

There was...

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
"Bigot" and "Racist" have just evolved to political terms.
Supposedly negative but in many ways it is merely the truth and what we all are in one way or another.
It is now used to define the extreme views and to demonize those for the cause.
Frown

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Costco is a gun-free retailer. Doubtless the door clerk missed seeing yours.

Are you saying that you were prepared for chaos spurred on by a female making a verbal assertion that would require lethal self-defense?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Costco is a gun-free retailer.

News to me, I carry there all the time, not open carry but always just about everywhere. Confused

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I have been stopped by the door clerk. Shame on me. It must have been my P229 printing. But, I have learned that they are sadly anti-gun.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Costco is a gun-free retailer.

News to me, I carry there all the time, not open carry but always just about everywhere. Confused

Same. No 30.06 sign at mine. I was there today.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately it is included in the CostCo Member-Privileges and Conditions you agree to when joining CostCo.

Because of this, no 30.06 or 30.07 signs are required for members, in Texas.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Been married 26 years. Been on this earth over half a century. I've been called a lot of things.

But I do this little trick where I just don't give a shit and go on with my day.

And member's club or not, signs or not, if it's not a federal offense and you don't have metal detectors...

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:

Unfortunately it is included in the CostCo Member-Privileges and Conditions you agree to when joining CostCo.
Even though I am a pack rat, I do not have a copy of the agreement that was used at the time that we joined, back in 1996. I'm sure that there would be no problem obtaining a copy of the current form, but I'll bet that there have been some changes made in the past twenty-seven years; wondering whether there is any way to obtain a copy of the agreement that was used in 1996.

Not that it matters in the context of Texas 30.06 because in Florida the worst that can happen is that a Costco staff person somehow detects a concealed firearm and asks the customer to leave. If the customer refuses to leave, s/he can be charged with trespassing, but there is not statutory firearm violation in this case.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30645 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was not aware of the changes or when they were modified but members agree to them each time they renew their account.

Of course, if concealed and not printing, they will never know.

Member Privileges & Conditions

I saw a Texas 30.05 sign for the first time last week.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Signs don't mean squat in GA

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Signs don't mean squat in GA

Nor in Minnesota.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Signs don't mean squat to me . The only thing I pay any attention to is the list of " Prohibited Places " that are part of our CHP law .

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was called a Karen yesterday followed up by I have white privilege followed up by black people cant be racist because the white man has all the power.

All I could do was laugh.

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3141 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post