SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Tracphone is now Kaput.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tracphone is now Kaput. Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
We dumped TracFone (CrapFone) because of customer no-service problems like this. We were never able to reach a call center in the continental U.S.A. I believe that it was in the Philippines.

We switched to Spectrum Mobile, $14 / month for each of three phones, all taxes and junk fees INCLUDED! Unlimited talk / text, and a shared pool of 1GB / phone (3GB total). U.S.A. based customer service, and walk-in stores with well-trained pleasant customer service folks. Spectrum's customer service was not great when they were known as "BrightHouse," but they have made a huge improvement in recent years.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
There are holes in everyones network, here Tmobile is best on 5G, the coverage picks up big time over the older iPhone XR I had that wouldn't do 5G, there were a few areas of problems.
Yup. Newer devices, with support for TMO's newer 700MHz and 600MHz bands will see coverage where older devices will not.

E.g.: Our older iPhone 6S' did not support TMO's new 600MHz band. That's mainly why I upgraded us to iPhone SE (2020)'s.

Hey, what's that web site that shows which phones cover what bands / standards ??? Lost it somehow.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Just do a search on your phones model number and specs. There's plenty of sites that show that information.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Was recently bought out by Verzion.

I used Tracphone for over 8 years and never had an issue with poor service or dropped calls. But, my phone is an LG (no longer made) and has 3G service which is phased out by all carriers.

So, now begins the hassle of dealing with MuJabar or his sister overseas with a new phone and to switch minutes and still get the 3 for 1 deal I got from Tracphone, I.E. a 60 minute prepay card got me 180 minutes for 3 months.

Meanwhile, I'm still dealing with the USPS and mailings not being delivered to me because the address was not quite correct.

Sigh.

Why not just walk inside a brick and mortar store and find the phone and plan you're comfortable with? When I needed a new phone and plan I walked into a store and out of the store in less than 30 minutes, got the phone and plan that satisfied my needs and didn't have to deal with overseas phone centers.

Posts: 1618 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Was recently bought out by Verzion.

I used Tracphone for over 8 years and never had an issue with poor service or dropped calls. But, my phone is an LG (no longer made) and has 3G service which is phased out by all carriers.

So, now begins the hassle of dealing with MuJabar or his sister overseas with a new phone and to switch minutes and still get the 3 for 1 deal I got from Tracphone, I.E. a 60 minute prepay card got me 180 minutes for 3 months.

Meanwhile, I'm still dealing with the USPS and mailings not being delivered to me because the address was not quite correct.

Sigh.

I totally don't understand this thread.

What is meant by "Kaput" ??

My mom has Tracfone, and I just bought more minutes, and got a 3x bonus Smile

Her Tracfone phone is 4G, so service is not going away.

Seems it is business as usual, so what's changed, other than 3G going away, as it is for ALL carriers, not just Tracfone.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post