SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Someone knock Slash’s signature top hat off of his
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Someone knock Slash’s signature top hat off of his Login/Join 
posted
head and give him a knitted pink pussy hat for the time he play’s “I’m Just Ken”.

I did not watch any of the show but heard about it.

“Everything woke turns to shit.” - PDJT

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cookster,

Posts: 3495 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. I promise I won’t listen to slash but what do you have against Ken?

Posts: 45394 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I must lead a sheltered life. I have absolutely no idea what y'all are discussing.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30733 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I must lead a sheltered life. I have absolutely no idea what y'all are discussing.

Same here.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5665 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Slash is the lead guitarist for Guns N' Roses. I don't know what the song is, though.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18027 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is what’s about.

On the Oscars show, Ryan Gosling did a live performance of “I’m Just Ken” from the Barbie movie. Slash came out and played during the song. Apparently, he also played on the song in the movie.

Posts: 3341 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My apologies for not providing more detail.

Yes, Slash is the lead guitarist for Guns N’ Roses and he was involved in the performance of a song from the recent Barbie movie at the Oscars last night.

Posts: 3495 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
So are we cancelling Slash now? Roll Eyes

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17305 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The dude can play a guitar ...

Posts: 4070 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
head and give him a knitted pink pussy hat for the time he play’s “I’m Just Ken”.

I did not watch any of the show but heard about it.

“Everything woke turns to shit.” - PDJT

Why so triggered by something you didn’t even see?

Slash is the epitome of ‘cool’ and your post caused me to do a little reading. Slash was sent the song and liked it so much he agreed to play it for the movie soundtrack.

Personally … I like that he participated in the movie, similar to Metallica being featured on Stranger Things, Slash’s participation in Barbie brings him to a new generation of future fans.

Hell, even if he had showed up in a pink top hat, you have to appreciate a celebrity who can be self deprecating; it’s pretty rare.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12350 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I missed the memo. What's the problem with the Barbie movie? It's not my taste but that's pretty much just because Barbie isn't my thing. I hadn't heard anything about it being particularly woke, which is probably why it did so well.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3519 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Or you can just live your life and not care so much about what other people think or do. Have your tried that?

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I’ve had Kenough of this!

Posts: 45394 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn’t even know they made a Barbie movie. But I agree with selogic, he’s a great guitar player.

Posts: 972 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
I missed the memo. What's the problem with the Barbie movie? It's not my taste but that's pretty much just because Barbie isn't my thing. I hadn't heard anything about it being particularly woke, which is probably why it did so well.

I haven't seen it but interestingly, there are those arguing it's woke leftist and those arguing it's conservative.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12451 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slash is a great guitarist, played with so many different artists, bands and you can tell music flows through his veins. His new All-Star Blues album is on my "to buy" list.

Posts: 426 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Slash has bills to pay, just like the rest of us.
Don't hate him for taking an easy money gig..

I didn't see his Oscar performance nor did I see the Barbie movie..

Posts: 4370 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's 59 years old and looks pretty fit . I'm not messing with his hat .

Posts: 4070 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post