dan03833
Windshield Wipers
I find that the GM OEM blades work best on my Caddy
September 20, 2022, 06:32 PM
nasig
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
NOTHING will beat OEM Toyota refills or wiper assembly.

I was going to suggest this as well. I found that to be the case with Infiniti refills as well for years on a G35, and suspect Toyota just as good. Sure a little bit more, but well worth it for performance and lifespan.

agreed. over the years I have found OEM work best for me. I also clay the windshield and wipe the blades from time to time.
September 20, 2022, 07:19 PM
PKFan
Our 2004 Sienna with Toyota OEM refills always cleans better than my 2018 Tundra with OEM replacement blades. My firm belief is that the older style wiper blade (metal, with multiple points of contact) is far superior to the beam style that is on all the newer models. On top of everything else, the beam type is wayyyy more expensive than the older style refills.
September 20, 2022, 08:04 PM
K0ZZZ
quote:
Originally posted by PKFan:
Our 2004 Sienna with Toyota OEM refills always cleans better than my 2018 Tundra with OEM replacement blades. My firm belief is that the older style wiper blade (metal, with multiple points of contact) is far superior to the beam style that is on all the newer models. On top of everything else, the beam type is wayyyy more expensive than the older style refills.

I agree on the old style just seems to work better, while the beams just don't make solid end to end contact on all windshields.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.
September 25, 2022, 09:31 AM
83v45magna
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
When I wash my windshield I make it a point to clean the wiper blades too. The amount of crap that comes off them is substantial!

^^^^^^^
This! In spades. Just use a washcloth with fingers on both sides of the blade. I use a Scotch-BriteĀ® Dobieā„¢ with Dawn first if they especially dirty or have bug strikes. Then use the Dobie on the entire windshield before going back to the rag I'm washing the car with.

Wipers work great after they and the windshield are really clean. They seem to last longer too. I also don't try to fight bug smears on the windshield with the wipers for more than a couple of sweeps. I carry a new naked razor blade in the console to deal with that.