SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    50 minutes to get food at Jack in the box
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

50 minutes to get food at Jack in the box Login/Join 
posted
So the Jack in the box by my house is terrible. I’ve just learned to live with eating whatever they give me if I go through the drive through because I don’t think I’ve ever got 100% of what I ordered correct (maybe getting regular fries instead of curly, maybe getting a different drink) but always something wrong.

So I don’t go here very often anymore because they suck, but I met up with my dad and we went inside to eat. They have some bacon cheddar cheeseburger 7.99 combo special… the advertisement takes up 1/4 of their menu board so I tell the counter lady I’ll take 2 of those.. she asks me what number it is.. so I respond it’s not a number it’s just the special up on the menu… so she says ok so a number 10? Noooo a number 10 is a chicken sandwich… so I tell her to turn around and look at the menu it’s that thing… finally she calls someone over they show her how to ring it up and we go sit down.. receipt looks good I’m assuming we are getting some food…

5 min later we get our food. My dad opens his, looks like the picture, all is good. I open mine… does not look like his, does not look like the picture, kinda looks like a jumbo Jack… so I take it back up to the front and tell the cashier hey my sandwich is wrong I was supposed to get the cheddar bacon thing… She looks at me like I’m speaking mandarin to her… finally some other lady comes up says oh hey I’m sorry do you want to keep the sandwich and we’ll make you the correct one… I tell her nah if I keep it I’ll just eat 2 sandwiches and I don’t need to do that… ok so I go sit back down… people coming in, getting food, leaving, more people in, more food, more leaving.. finally 25 min later I go to the cashier girl and just confirmed they hadn’t forgotten about me.. she, still looks like I’m speaking mandarin, responds nope we still got you..

More people, more food, more people, more food… now it’s been 45 min… at the point I didn’t really have anything to do I was just wondering how long I could sit at the front table staring at the cashier girl until maybe something clicked that there was a problem… but then I realized life’s too short to wait for idiots to realize they’re idiots… so I go back up to the front and ask the cashier girl if I can speak to pretty much anybody besides her… this guy comes up I tell him I show him my receipt timestamped 6:45… it’s now 7:30… and I still don’t have the burger I ordered… like 1 minute later I had the burger..

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Cashier was probably new. That sucks, I would’ve asked for a manager after about ten minutes.

Posts: 17054 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
And she’s making $15 an hour. If not, there are monumental idiots that think she should. Bless her heart……

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't remember the last time I ate out at a restaurant or went through a drive thru for fast food.
Burgers, I'll cook my own. Same with chicken, steak, pork and so on.
I get the convenience but stories like this just reinforce my decision to cook for myself.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a Jack In The Box here that is actually pretty decent . Orders are correct and the people at the drive thru window are friendly .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
And don’t forget to pay in cash with $2 bills, $1 coins, and 50-cent pieces. That’ll totally freak them out, as they won’t have any place to put them in the cash drawer, much less having never seen any of those forms of American money today.

I did that at a Subway recently and the looks I got from the “publik skool” graduate were priceless. To borrow a phrase from ‘Dirty Harry’ Callahan, “It made my day”. Big Grin

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
When I hear Jack-in-the Box I always have 2 distinct memories:

1) They were the topic of every ServSafe conversation regarding food handling because of the people who had died due to a E-Coli breakout in the 90’s.

2) There was a Jack-in-the-Box on Camp Pendleton that we were permitted to go to during Parents Weekend before graduation. I.Got.So.Sick.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Want to have some real fun? When the cashier asks you for $7.28 hand over a ten, two ones, a quarter, and 3 pennies.

Some will dissolve in tears. Some will call for a manager. Some will argue with you. Some will give you $32.85 in change while acting like they know what they are doing.

I have never seen one capable of using the automatic features of the cash register to discover that all that is required is a $5 bill.

I take my entertainment where I find it.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1091 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I don't think it takes 50 minutes to make a hamburger. I would have stood up at 5 minutes and wait for it.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19581 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I don't think it takes 50 minutes to make a hamburger. I would have stood up at 5 minutes and wait for it.

Yeah typically I would have to…. I was bored, really nothing to do, spending time with my dad, figured what the heck let’s see how long this can go…

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LoboGunLeather:
Want to have some real fun? When the cashier asks you for $7.28 hand over a ten, two ones, a quarter, and 3 pennies.

Some will dissolve in tears. Some will call for a manager. Some will argue with you. Some will give you $32.85 in change while acting like they know what they are doing.

I had a remarkably similar experience.

I was at a place and my bill was $16.02. I didn’t want a bunch of singles or a handful of change, so I gave the cashier a $20, a $1, and two pennies in order to get an even $5 for change.

The cashier was completely stumped. I explained it it her, but she still didn’t get it. So, I opened the calculator app on my phone and showed her, but she thought it was some kind of trick. It finally took a manager to complete the transaction.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Here the local Jack hasn't been open for walk in for about a year and a half. I'm assuming not enough staff or just easier. And I refuse to go through the drive through, so I can't even ask what the issue is.

Posts: 1341 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, that's not fast food- that's just food.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
And don’t forget to pay in cash with $2 bills, $1 coins, and 50-cent pieces. That’ll totally freak them out, as they won’t have any place to put them in the cash drawer, much less having never seen any of those forms of American money today.

I did that at a Subway recently and the looks I got from the “publik skool” graduate were priceless. To borrow a phrase from ‘Dirty Harry’ Callahan, “It made my day”. Big Grin

That’s a really good way to make yourself feel smart by belittling someone else.

Posts: 829 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never been anywhere that was worth a 50 minute wait . Too many other options .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
I call it Crap in a Box. I had some taco's there once. Thank god we don't have these horrible places in my town. It looked like diarrhea in a taco shell. Utterly disgusting!

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grayfox54
posted Hide Post
It ain't just Jack in the Box. Its pretty much every fast food place.
There's a Wendys not a mile from my house. I actually like Wendys food, but I rarely ever go to this one. Why? because they NEVER get the order right! Mad I mean NEVER! I've even complained to the national headquarters. Nothing changes. Mad
They're offered me a free meal. I tell 'em to keep it. I'd just be happy if they could fix the problem.
Add in the fact that due to Covid many places have closed their dining rooms and only do drive thru. I was gonna grab a quick burger for supper this evening. Cars were lined up all the way around the building. Nope, I ain't up for that.

I have a real hard time considering $15 per hour for workers who have a $2 work ethic. Mad

It ain't the years, its the mileage.

Posts: 54 | Location: Bartlett, TN | Registered: November 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Why go there at all or ever? Vote with your dollar.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post