SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Caveat Emptor
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Caveat Emptor Login/Join 
posted
Buyer beware. Yep, my fault for not asking for more pictures of the pistol. I took possession of it and it's mine now. No guarantees in life except change, death and taxes.
That being said, how dishonest are you to overcharge a customer on an item that is sought after? How about being up front about the condition of an item? It's not all about making money off of something.
If I was to turn around and sell what I have just got, I would lose money. Would I be happy about it? No but I wouldn't take advantage of someone like that.
You should be ashamed of yourself and you know who you are.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I hope it was not one of our members.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I hope it was not one of our members.

It was V but I will not name the person. The pistol also arrived dirty.
I have sold a bunch of pistols on here including 8 just recently. The people who purchased them are going to receive them clean and greased/oiled. They are also receiving what was advertised.
Some have some wear and some are almost in new condition with one being never fired. Every email I received for pictures was sent with pictures and a message from me that if they needed more pictures, of anything, all they had to is ask. Also stated that if they had any questions, feel free to ask.
I'm to blame too for not asking more questions and requesting more pictures.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
You need to take this up direct with the admins here or with Para and not here.

I don't think he tolerates this kind of stuff from people selling stuff here.

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear a member would do that to you.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3599 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
You need to take this up direct with the admins here or with Para and not here.

I don't think he tolerates this kind of stuff from people selling stuff here.

It's probably not worth it. The person does not advertise here.
I placed a WTB ad and got an email reply. I'm just as mad at myself as I am with the person who I did business with.
Live and learn. Sometimes the hard way.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
They have to be a member to access your email, unless you posted your email publicly.

If they are a member here, we can terminate their membership so they can no longer access member profiles and offer items for sale either by post or private email to forum members.

It may not protect you from a sale that has already happened, but it could protect a member from a future sale using the same MO.

If you pursue this matter, please include all correspondence and also photos of what you actually received.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
I understand your anger and frustration. I was raised a certain way and by default I have a certain level of expectations when doing business. I've been let down more times than I like to admit but the day I lower my expectations is the day I call it quits.

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
They have to be a member to access your email, unless you posted your email publicly.

If they are a member here, we can terminate their membership so they can no longer access member profiles and offer items for sale either by post or private email to forum members.

It may not protect you from a sale that has already happened, but it could protect a member from a future sale using the same MO.

If you pursue this matter, please include all correspondence and also photos of what you actually received.

Thank you, I appreciate the offer. I do not have any emails or anything left from the transaction. He is a member but I haven't seen him sell anything before.

posted Hide Post
Sorry of your situation. There are good people here.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
That really stinks. This is the ONLY place I feel comfortable buying any used firearm because of the level of honesty and integrity of the members.

Every purchase I've made here has been exceptional and I reciprocate the service.

But, I guess there's one in every crowd...

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Report This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Caution: Not to be insensitive, but we are only hearing one side of the story. We have no idea of what was described.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What's the point of this if you don't tell us who you're talking about? Don't say that you just wanted to vent, because you had to know that your vague post would generate questions.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107564 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What's the point of this if you don't tell us who you're talking about? Don't say that you just wanted to vent, because you had to know that your vague post would generate questions.

I was just venting really. I hate naming names and he's not an FFL/dealer or anything like that.
I knew it would raise questions but this was more of just being let down. I let myself down too though.
Para, I'll see if I can find the ad I posted and see if he replied or just sent me an email from my profile.

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Joatmonv, I look at it as we have an excellent group here, some of the best, most honest people I've ever come across.

I've sent out Kydex to members here before payment arrived, because I knew them from this forum. If you are here it's a very good bet you are an outstanding example.

I would prefer you name names, if there is a black sheep who doesn't belong, it saves another honest person from being taken advantage of.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
Joatmonv, I look at it as we have an excellent group here, some of the best, most honest people I've ever come across.

I've sent out Kydex to members here before payment arrived, because I knew them from this forum. If you are here it's a very good bet you are an outstanding example.

I would prefer you name names, if there is a black sheep who doesn't belong, it saves another honest person from being taken advantage of.

You are right about our members for sure. I have bought and sold here exclusively and have had excellent dealings. Even met some in person for FTF transactions.
I have sent Para an email and how he/I proceed is up to him.

posted Hide Post
is this the ad and offender?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...760099424#7760099424

Disappointing women since the 1970's

Posts: 1120 | Location: SC | Registered: October 24, 2010Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Whether OP wanted just to vent or not, you can't expect this thing to just go quietly into the night. Once you started "venting" but left out the particulars, folks naturally will go digging.

Would be interesting to hear the other side of the story. It's only fair.

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NateSC:
is this the ad and offender?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...760099424#7760099424

That's it. Q is correct also, you're only hearing my side.
I did ask about round count and condition. Round count I did not get an answer about. Some people don't know and since it wasn't originally his, he might not have known.
Condition was answered with pictures. Pictures were decent but failed to show the flaking of the barrel. I'm pretty sure this was not a job done by CCR.
I was told it had the G conversion and it does. Works fine.
Last night was an early night for me on 2nd shift so I came home and finally got around to cleaning it. I've only had the pistol like 3 days.
I was told it had trigger work done to it.
I stripped it down and came across something I've never seen before in a trigger set up. I am in the process of taking a few pictures and then going to ask a person who I think is more schooled on these pistols than me what he thinks.

posted Hide Post
As I have been told by 2 people, what the pistol had done to it is not a "trigger job". A replacement spring system was dropped in and a shitty one at that. I knew the trigger felt awful compared to my Brigadier.
The one person to identify it is someone with a ton of experience with Beretta handguns. The other is the Glock armorer for the local city PD.
Again, maybe he didn't know but I spotted it as soon as I stripped the pistol. So I paid for what I was told was a "trigger job" when in actuality it is a replacement trigger bar spring.
Did I handle the pistol at my FFL when it was transferred to me? Yes and the trigger seemed different. I chalked it up to the pistol needed cleaning.
It's just feeling let down now. I ordered some factory springs and when they get here, I'll replace the ones in it and do what I did to the Brigadier.
Yes, it's still my side of the story and I do not have any emails, correspondence or pictures left. I do know what I asked, what went back and forth in conversation and what the pictures I was sent showed.