SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Anker Ear Buds Don't waste your money!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anker Ear Buds Don't waste your money! Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
Typical Chinese sh*t and typical chinese service.
2 sets BOTH of them only play in the left ear. Company wants name rank and serial # and offers no support , repair whatsoever.
I bought on recommendations on the board but they are pure junk.
Do not waste your money.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: downtownv,

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
See if you can find the customer who has two ear buds that play in the right ear, and work a trade.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30541 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up some apple earpod lookalike wireless headphones a few years ago, in Shanghai, for stocking stuffers. They all failed.

I carry airpod pro's, which have been outstanding. I use them when commercialing, and they're great. I gave a set to each of the kids this year, and their spouses or fiance/other, except one wife, and she got bose earbuds (because Amazon was playing one-to-a-customer). They all eemed happy.

The airpod pros have come down in price, about forty bucks less than what they originally were. They're good products that you should only need to buy once.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My current are cordless Mpow MDots

Other than occasionally having a connection hiccup, that usually resolves in a 3-5 seconds, they've been great.
At least, for a cheap (<$30) set of earbuds.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15148 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

I got a good chuckle out of this. Even Apple's excellent earbuds are made in China.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18017 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jabra 75t…..junk also. Wife bought a pair, constantly dropped the Bluetooth connection.

Posts: 199 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Don't waste your money on Skullcandy Ink'd+ Wireless In-Ear Earbuds either. Lasted 3 months and then the battery bulged and plug melted while charging. MF'ers wouldn't do shit either.

Nearly 7000 reviews and 83% were either 5 star or 4 star. However, review after review on Amazon about these dying in under 3 months. Lots of dipshits review stuff when they first get something but aren't like me and update if something doesn't last.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Have the same issue with a set of Skull Candy that we got at Costco, originally worked fine, then, one side won't connect

Got a set of the Apple Air Pod Pros for Christmas

Posts: 23236 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

I got a good chuckle out of this. Even Apple's excellent earbuds are made in China.

There's a significant difference in the quality of what's offered by Apple, vs. other products.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but it's all made in China. So the statement that it's Chinese doesn't mean much.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18017 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Looks like you ended up with one of those janky Anker keyboards too, whose keys don't always work.Big Grin

Posts: 32417 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I’m using a pair of Beats Fit Pro earphones. They’re the equivalent of AirPods Pro but with hooks to help them stay in your ears as AirPods were never secure in mine. So far I’m liking them a lot.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Looks like you ended up with one of those janky Anker keyboards too, whose keys don't always work.Big Grin

I'm a lover not a typer Big Grin

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find ear buds uncomfortable and unreliable. I have had no trouble whatsoever with Jabra Elite headphones. I use them daily for four hours at a time. They are very comfortable but not cheap.

Posts: 17173 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
2 sets BOTH of them only play in the left ear. Company wants name rank and serial # and offers no support , repair whatsoever.
I bought on recommendations on the board but they are pure junk.
Do not waste your money.

I've had great luck with Anker SoundCore A1. No affiliation, just impressed that they punched above their weight for what I paid.. good battery life and they have better ear locks than the Airpods for about $40. Really surprised about your CS experience. Maybe check to see if you have the US based CS number, (800) 988 7973.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I don't care for any sort of earbuds anymore.
Aeropex Aftershox is what I've been using for the last year or so. They don't go into your ears, just sit against the bone in front and behind. Sound is great, 8 hours+ of talk time, easy and reliable Bluetooth pairing.

https://www.amazon.com/AfterSh...s/dp/B07RRQ59JR?th=1

Posts: 9454 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Very happy with my Samsung Galaxy Buds Live. Comfortable, and the sound is excellent. Functions are easy to use, usually a finger tap or two takes care of most of them. Also connects to the Galaxy Wearable app on the phone.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My Korean (I don't know where they are actually made) Samsung earbuds are good.

They work as advertised, and squelch a lot of ambient noise.

They don't sound as good as high-quality earphones for audiophile use, but I didn't expect them to.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm entitled to this Title
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mindustrial:
Jabra 75t…..junk also. Wife bought a pair, constantly dropped the Bluetooth connection.
That is surprising.. I have had a pair of the Jabra 'Elite Active 65t' Earbuds since 2018, and they have been bulletproof. I love them.

Posts: 13988 | Location: WV | Registered: October 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post