SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    So Harbor Freight finally has a 20% off coupon for the first time in forever
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So Harbor Freight finally has a 20% off coupon for the first time in forever Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
So HF finally has a 20% off coupon for the first time in forever. I know a lot of their items are not exactly the best quality but I have had my eye on that ultrasonic cleaner for a while. $90 just seems a bit much for it and my uses. With 20% off that price, it's a bit more tempting.

Nope! Fine print on the 20% off coupon excludes pretty much every decent item in the store.

Here I am already committed to a shopping trip that involves going to those other craft type stores my wife wants to go in while I was to stop at HF.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Oz_Shadow,

Posts: 17869 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I remember many years ago receiving a coupon for Hard Rock Cafe in La Jolla (as I recall).

25% off to exclude food, beverages, and merchandise.

Think about that for a minute. Wink

(Coupon was an error. Was supposed to be only for merchandise.)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Great!
What’s HF?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17236 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Great!
What’s HF?

I was wondering the same.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9668 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cardboard Frei...

Err.

Harbor Freight?

A store chock full of second rate tools and single use items at prices you'll never confuse with a trip to the Snap-on truck.

Posts: 9104 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Harbor Freight?

People actually buy stuff there?

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2827 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not go to HF I use SO. Bring on the acronyms.

Posts: 17158 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
Harbor Freight?

People actually buy stuff there?

Yup. Low use tools get bought there. Stuff I use all the time is American name brand. Stuff that I need for one project is HF. For example, I haven't needed a sawzall in 25 years. I needed one for one project. I got the HF, and it was great. If I ever need one again, I have it, but I haven't tied up almost $200 in a Milwaukee.

Their Daytona car jacks are also good. My mechanic uses those jacks exclusively, and has no complaints.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12740 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Yup. Low use tools get bought there. Stuff I use all the time is American name brand. Stuff that I need for one project is HF.

I heard a story told by a construction equipment mechanic. He said his choice for wrenches and such was Harbor Freight. Asked why, his response was essentially, "If I have to weld a cheater bar onto it, I'm okay with that. If I lose it in the mud, I'm not out much."

God bless America.

Posts: 13395 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ HF's black, high impact sockets are nigh on indestructible. I put a 24 inch bar on one and jumped up and down on it to free a stuck lugnut, and neither the bar, nor the socket were damaged.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12740 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
People are silly.
There are plenty of solid tools at Harbor Freight.
One just has to be realistic about what one is buying and what it will be used for.
My shop is chock full of Harbor Freight stuff.
It’s also chock full of the high end stuff.

Daytona jacks sold at Harbor Freight are great.
The US General Tool chests blow Craftsman tool chests out of the water.
I have both and the US Generals are far superior.

I believe their 20% off has pretty much gone away all together now they have started the annual paid club/membership thing.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25334 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
There’s nothing wrong with their ICON line. Many of their Pittsburg are also ok. I usually buy tarps and stuff like cotter key assortments there.

To pull the injection pump from a Cummins big cam 400 or N14, you need a boxed end wrench shaped like a crescent. You can buy a specialized one for $150, or buy a $3 HF boxed end, heat it with acetylene, and bend it to your needs.

HF has its place.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8193 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
There are a LOT of good tools at Harbor Freight for hobby/home use, just not a lot that are good for commercial use.

You just have to be careful what you buy.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Yes Harbor Freight. Sorry. I though the 20% coupon and HF was obvious.

Posts: 17869 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Of course folks buy stuff there. We’re moving soon. I bought 24 big moving blankets for $8 each yesterday. Unbelievable.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4210 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I have some of their Icon sockets. They're solid.

Cheap tarps & ratchet straps.

Also use their welding wire, cutoff & grinder wheels, wire wheels, sander discs, & reciprocating saw blades.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
And what I consider their best tool for those of us who take guns apart, the magnetic parts holder.

https://www.harborfreight.com/...ts-holder-61428.html

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I've never had a problem with Harbor Freight tools.

I am a very heavy user of my tools.

Heck, I have a loaded toolbox in every car. Enough to dang well do anything needed on the side of the road with exception of removing suspension parts.

My jacks, tool boxes, lift, press, air compressor, hoses, air tools, dollies and of course hand tools.

When I need a tool I think I will use once while working on something, it's where I go. No use in paying MAC Tool prices for something that will do just fine for pennies on the dollar.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34072 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Harbor Freight has SOME very good tools. They should be... often times the tools are exact clones of Snap On and Ingersol Rand top of the line tools, etc.

SO you can buy the $800 Snap On 3 ton jack, or you can buy the exact copy Daytona Jack from Harbor Freight for $220. Made in the exact same factory too... the Snap On gets a Snap On sticker on it, the Harbor Freight one gets a Daytona sticker on it... same exact jack.

Or the Earthquake impact wrench, a direct clone of the $400 Ingersoll rand, sold for $100 at Harbor Freight and used for years and years in tire stores without any issues whatsoever.

The "Harbor Freight sucks" guys haven't actually used some of the better Harbor Freight tools in the last decade. They used to import straight Chinese garbage, drive the crap to a parking lot in a semi truck, and have a parking lot sale. Now .... they manufacture their own line of very, very good tools that are on par with Snap On and Mac on occasion, and sometimes, the tools are even made in the same factory...

Mac and Snap On make a lot of their stuff in Taiwan now... in the same exact places that Craftsman, Kobalt, and other big box stores source their tools.

Posts: 6659 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post