|Averaging 6.3 |
posts per year
HF user here too. Since I change oil on four cars (although - kids will start doing there own under supervision) I put together a tool bag with the tools needed to change oil. Contains the Oil Filter Wrench and required sockets for each car (labeled). Picked up this HF Extendable Socket Wrench with the 20% coupon to put in as well.
I figure the extended wrench will help give daughter the extra umph she may need to loosen the filter.
Texting.......easier than calling.
I recently learned that if you Google for a specific Harbor Freight product, HF may target you with ad within the search results that has a coupon.
For example, the HF Haul Master roller stand (for sawing) is $17.xx regularly priced. $17.xx in store. $17.xx on their website. Google served ad had it priced as $13.xx. Screenshot the coupon, applied the discount in store.
I have the habit of looking up prices for everything while I'm the store and reading reviews, and noticed that the ad served price was lower than the in-store marked price.
Where else you gonna pick up a 600 lb rated hand truck for 39.99?… THE Chinese hardware store.
Don’t knock it til you need some cheap item for a limited use application.
I have TWO of them!
They are the beez kneez!
Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
I began to notice the lack of coupons too.
It pisses me off when a retailer builds a company on a specific platform then yanks the carpet out.
There is no cure for stupidity, you either die from it or with it.
It's got to be pandemic related. The coupons disappeared shortly after lockdown. I bet HF is suffering from increased supply chain costs...
I have some select stuff from HF. ~$250 5 drawer tool cart recently acquired for my basement is great.
another example of great HF usefulness: ~2019 I had to re-seal/stain out picket fence. Tediously brutal. About 2 hours in I look back and see I'm only like 10% complete.... FML... Light bulb goes off: I run over to HF, drop like $25 on an electric paint gun. Not great; noisy, vibration, some drips etc... but heck, I got the other 90% of the fence done in like 4 hours including breaks and pitched the sprayer when I was done. (Biggest hang up was refilling the gun every 10-15 minutes. Next go time I might get the $40 one for the larger cup.
|Not as lean, not as mean,|
Still a Marine
I just used the Father's Day 20% off coupon on a trailer tongue storage box.
105 - 20% = 84 from Harbor Freight, which for my use is much better than the 225 version from Tractor Supply.
Yes the coupon says it can't be used for "storage boxes" but I tried anyways and apparently HF doesn't think a trailer tongue box falls in that category. Win for me!
I've always liked at Harbour Freight as a trial option. Need a tool for a job? Get it cheap. Break it? Buy the better version somewhere else.
I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.
A few years ago I needed to demo a huge deck and wooden bridge . I went to HF and bought a low end reciprocating saw . Probably used a coupon too , so I had next to nothing invested in it . I worked the hell out of that saw and it kept on going . Yesterday I pulled it out and used it to demo a fiberglass shower . I have gotten my money's worth out of it several times over . I don't use a reciprocating saw very often so there is no point in spending the bucks on a DeWalt , etc.
|Powered by Social Strata||Page 1 2|