SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon Prime: Please Stick To Selling Stuff
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Prime: Please Stick To Selling Stuff Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Do what you want in the privacy of your own home, but don't shove it down my throat. It is none of my business until you make it my business.

This is the topic of an email that I received today from Amazon Prime.

Really? How about sticking to your business of selling stuff, and leave the PC crap out of my inbox?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
I agree. I'm not interested in all the pc garbage.

Posts: 670 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
So they have an agenda and sell ugly shoes?

Last time I went to Amazon, they only sold books.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
You can't fly a rebel flag (confederate) anymore but if a rainbow flag offends you then tough shit. What a world we've become.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Totally agree...Im adding Kelloggs to the list as well..

Posts: 511 | Registered: May 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:

You can't fly a rebel flag (confederate) anymore but if a rainbow flag offends you then tough shit. What a world we've become.
Actually, I really don't care if somebody wants to display a rainbow flag. It just annoys me that Amazon thinks it's OK to dump that crap in my email inbox. You know, the email account that rides on the internet service that I pay for. Sent to me as a "public service" from Amazon Prime, which I also pay for.

Amazon is a business. They should just stick to business and not ram their PC crap down my throat. Paint the damn rainbow on your delivery vans if you want to, just don't send your spam to my email.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
For some reason these big companies didn't spread the pander-fest globally...

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am watching TVLand. Rainbow flag TVLand logo on the lower right side of the screen. Constantly. Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16071 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
V-Tail, it’s gay month. So be prepared for more. if you are straight then you need to be educated on all the gay stuff. I guess these companies want to make sure you are as knowledgeable as the LGBTQW community!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12623 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
you need to be educated
No thank you, I'll pass.

Old dog, new tricks, it ain't gonna work.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'm right there with you V-Tail. I'm sick of all the PC BS that's thrown at me daily. At my age I'm not going to change.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Maybe 3-4% of the US population is gay. Imagine pandering to 3-4% of the population. What % of that 3-4% are actual customers?

Now imagine potentially alienating 96-97% of your customer base...

Maybe that 96-97% should boycott Amazon for a week and see what happens.

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

Maybe 3-4% of the US population is gay. Imagine pandering to 3-4% of the population. What % of that 3-4% are actual customers?

Now imagine potentially alienating 96-97% of your customer base...

I never thought about analyzing it that way. You got an MBA or something?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

Ain't gonna happen. People like to complain a lot, but few will actually go so far as to inconvenience themselves to make a point.

The seminal example I like to use is cable TV. Back before the advent of truly high-speed Internet and streaming, people complained about the cost of cable TV constantly. But most people, instead of getting in out of the rain, would stand out there getting soaking wet and complaining about it. The cable TV companies knew it, too.

Now it's happening all over again with streaming TV.

Same with Microsoft Windows. How many people do you know that use it actually like it? Especially since the advent of MS-Win10? But they keep using it anyway.

Ditto software subscriptions.

How about the NBA, NFL, and MLB? People have complained bitterly about their behavior. True: Their attendance is down, but they must still be making money, because they're still operational and still doing the things to annoy their fan bases.

The vast majority of people will not inconvenience themselves for the sake of principle. In fact: Experience suggests to me not even a significant minority will do so.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Amazon says blow it out your ass and you better like it what you're given

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Those shoes and bag would make a FABULOUS karma! Big Grin

In all seriousness, we live in a time where virtue signaling is infecting everything and corporations are just following the trend. We have a whole generation that has been “educated” to be offended about shit that doesn’t apply to them.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I subscribed to Levi’s a few months ago for some discounts on their jeans and this is the kind of shit I see now on a daily basis in emails from them Roll Eyes

I REFUSE to play this silly pronoun game, it’s even started to pop up at my work, FFS

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Apparently its a Gay Pride month program, where corporations are coloring their logos in Gay Pride colors on social media.

Gay Pride Pandering Month - Link

Many companies who are doing this are only showing the LBGTQ logos where homosexuality is not prohibited.

They are not doing it world wide, upsetting some in the LBGTQ world who call it corporate pandering.

Mercedes Benz sells a shit ton of high end luxury automobiles in the middle east, there is no way they are going to fly a gay pride flag in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, et al.

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Apparently its a Gay Pride month program, where corporations are coloring their logos in Gay Pride colors
I have a fleet of carpet cleaners that are placed mainly in Ace Hardware and True Value Hardware stores for rent to the do-it-yourself customers.

I'm probably an insensitive asshole because I have not decorated the machines, the signs in the stores, nor the display racks, with rainbow stuff.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Complain, but do it right.
Contact them and complain, but don't say "why are you pushing this down my throat?" Say "I'm a gay man and I'm insulted by your pandering and am rethinking my status as a customer!" Big Grin

I received an email at work today, it was meant to be a survey of LGBTQ staff and students, but I took the survey anyway and didn't give them the answers they were probably expecting.

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post