Getting old sucks, when the body can't keep up with the mind/desire

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/8200010294

May 23, 2022, 01:05 PM
KDR
Getting old sucks, when the body can't keep up with the mind/desire
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
The knees are showing their age however, but I will come up with something.

Have you listened to "kneesovertoesguy" aka Ben Patrick? His bad knees ended his college basketball career and he ended up rehabbing them in an unconventional manner and he claims they are stonger than they ever were.

He's got most of his stuff up on youtube for free. Link

May 23, 2022, 09:47 PM
Thanks KRD
I recently met a real estate broker that is 29 and played a lot of basketball and his knees are in bad shape.

May 23, 2022, 10:54 PM
drill sgt
My dad had a saying "That it is a shame that youth is wasted on young people"... Now at the age of 73 I totally understand and have to agree. ...................... drill sgt.
May 27, 2022, 09:46 PM
Sunset_Va
My father died at age 65 heart attack. Heavy drinker, smoker even after heart surgery gave him a second chance. Died inn1983 .

Mom is 97, self sufficient, mind sharp as a tack, takes 1 BP pill a day.

I turn 70 this year.I'm trying to get 10 more years out of my life. Cancer,car wreck, 3 heart attacks, heart surgery. Nephrology doctor told me today my kidneys were stage 4, perhaps dialysis was in my future.

But The thing I pray for is that I outlive all my dogs. And my wife outlives me.

No, I'm not even feeling 50 anymore, but I still enjoy seeing a beautiful girl.

美しい犬
May 29, 2022, 02:51 PM
Get a copy of Dr. Sinatra's book, "The Sinatra Solution: Metabolic Cardiology". He names four things you need to take to extend your life.

Since I started using his magnesium, I have no more skipped, extra or irregular heartbeats when taking my blood pressure.

https://www.healthydirections....ategories/dr-sinatra

May 29, 2022, 03:13 PM
oddball
I'm 61 yo and it is the mileage, not the years.

I do my best to stay in shape; daily walks, workouts 5 days per week, eat sensibly, moderate drinking, etc. And yet I can't fight it back. The difference between 5 years ago and today is significant.

I'm shutting down my business towards the end of the year, going to retire. The mind is willin', the bones aren't.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
June 01, 2022, 01:54 PM
schrack
Welcome to the club!!!!!!!
June 01, 2022, 03:21 PM
billfasttax
I am going through the "Damn, I got old last week" thoughts. I reached 80 last December and considered myself to be in great to excellent shape. I successfully managed 2 bouts with 2 different cancers. Had both knees replaced. A couple of surgical procedures. I rode my Harley until I was 72. I have noticed a significant difference in my energy level in the last year. No good reason that I can think of, but it is noticeable. Myself and 2 other guys, all 80 or older, loaded more than 100 cases of clay targets on the sporting clays course yesterday. All of us were pretty wore out. 10 years ago we would have shot the course after we loaded it. I came home and took a nap until cocktail hour. The point is that, regardless of your present condition, most of us are going to be less fit over time. That's just the way it is. Don't mean I have to like it. Check the tag line at the bottom of my post. Smile

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming…......WOW! WHAT A RIDE!