SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Shipping and why it takes so long. Cripes!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping and why it takes so long. Cripes!!! Login/Join 
posted
So on May 16th I bought a Hooka rear diopter sight for a Swedish M96 Mauser. The seller lives in Sweden and dropped it off on their end on May 18th. It goes through it’s thing in Sweden gets sent over and arrives in Chicago on May 22nd. Nice. No complaints about the seller or their shipping. It sits lonely and scared somewhere in Chicago till June 13th. It then leaves Chicago on the 13th and arrives in San Fransisco on the 15th or 16th. Now it leaves Frisco and should be here on the 18th.

Cripes. I am a 7 hour drive straight west of Chicago. Goes past me and to Frisco? Really? Estimated arrival from Flebay was June 3rd.

Posts: 4055 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I ordered some some standard capacity magazines for my G17 from an outfit in Florida a while back and they too, spent time in San Francisco, then Oakland, then San Jose and finally here.

I figured I'd never see them as they're illegal in the peoples Republik Of Kalifornia.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a shipment of BMW motorcycle parts stuck in San Francisco USPS distribution center for two days now. USPS gives me an estimated 6 days time to ship from a dealership north of SF to Tucson.

So much for "Free shipping".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well it just arrived. Nice sight. And…… also arriving today was my .25 caliber Hatsan air rifle and pellets. Ordered in March or April

Posts: 4055 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
So, is there a reason for this? Not sure, but if you order something from outside the country does it have to go thru customs?

Shoot, I was just thinking how our mail system is getting better. Last Monday I ordered an optics adapter for my Tx22 from LakelineLLC out of Washington state, I got it yesterday in the regular mail. Not too bad.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today, I got my package from California that spent two days in SF. Delivered on Saturday, scheduled by USPS to be delivered on Monday, but I'll take it.

It had the wrong address on delivery label.

I owe my USPS mail person some booze come Christmas time.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
I have a shipment of BMW motorcycle parts stuck in San Francisco USPS distribution center for two days now. USPS gives me an estimated 6 days time to ship from a dealership north of SF to Tucson.

So much for "Free shipping".

It's gotten to the point where I don't care if I qualify for"free," I'm paying so it doesn't end up in the incapable hands of USPS. Everything was pretty good, then ever since that snow storm in February it's like all the shit I didn't experience for years has been accumulating and growing interest, then let loose on me. I had packages take 2 weeks to 2 months trapped in"in transit, arriving late" jail. Much less frustrating to spend the extra $4 for UPS/FedEx ground.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3352 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I just got a case of the screeching red ass, as my mom would say.

Ordered a hawaiian shirt on 15-JUN...last Tuesday. It's apparently coming from Queens, NY. The order status from the vendor states it was "SHIPPED" that same day...15-JUN. I look at the tracking this morning expecting to see it somewhere in the Houston area getting ready for delivery. Oh f*c* no! The got damp thing is JUST NOW leaving Queens, NY at 1:45AM this morning!! It took six (6) f*c*ing days to get the damned thing outta the distribution center?!?!?!? I could've DRIVEN up to Queens, NY AND back and picked the gd thing up myself!

Just shaking my head. This country has stopped circling the drain...it's in the f*c*ing P-Trap.

Mad Mad Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I just got a case of the screeching red ass, as my mom would say.

Ordered a hawaiian shirt on 15-JUN...last Tuesday. It's apparently coming from Queens, NY. The order status from the vendor states it was "SHIPPED" that same day...15-JUN. I look at the tracking this morning expecting to see it somewhere in the Houston area getting ready for delivery. Oh f*c* no! The got damp thing is JUST NOW leaving Queens, NY at 1:45AM this morning!! It took six (6) f*c*ing days to get the damned thing outta the distribution center?!?!?!? I could've DRIVEN up to Queens, NY AND back and picked the gd thing up myself!

Just shaking my head. This country has stopped circling the drain...it's in the f*c*ing P-Trap.

Mad Mad Mad

It seems that companies are playing this game more and more. They’ll mark something as “Shipped” and notify you but it could be days and days before it even departs their premises.

It’s really aggravating but it must be a game they play to improve their metrics.

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
The earlier it "ships" the earlier the clock starts ticking on the various purchase protection programs credit card companies et al offer.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3352 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
It took six (6) f*c*ing days to get the damned thing outta the distribution center?!?!?!?

Did it really take six days to get out of the USPS distribution center or did the seller sit on it for all or part of that time? A shipping notification does not necessarily mean shipped.

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
It seems that companies are playing this game more and more. They’ll mark something as “Shipped” and notify you but it could be days and days before it even departs their premises.

I haven't experienced days and days, but I have experienced 24-48 business hours between the ship notification and when I see it actually hit the road.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
'Bout 10 or so years ago I ordered a set of Binoc's from the hated Optics Planet. And so I paid for express shipping. They called it "next day". Foolish me, I didn't understand. I figured they were an up front company. So when they didn't appear in 3 days, I called to yell. The jerk on the other end (being different from the jerk on this end) explained it only applied to shipping, not the leisurely picking process.

When they take their time and pick it as they damned well please, their clock starts running. The item sits in shipping for as long as it takes to ship out all the non-priority junk, and only then does Fed-ex start the next day stuff.

Having worked in distribution for a couple of decades, its why some business' fail and others succeed. There are a number of things that must happen for an item to get shipped. The most important is for someone to care. Interfering with the normal process slows down the normal stuff. Production employees don't like it if they get yelled at for the normal stuff slowing down. Management does like the extra revenue, but doesn't give line employees credit for the slowdown. Its a pain to them.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post