SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My first Apple complaint
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first Apple complaint Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Regardless of Apples reasoning, economics or climate change, it a phone that starts at $1000 and it should come with everything you need to run the phone.

I'll have to get a usb converter for the wall plug with usb ports in it we use in the kitchen for new phones to take advantage of the speed of USB-C and use the old USB cords for the newer vehicles.

Posts: 23421 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
@ensigmatic:

But he did write USB-C in his original post and I already explained why your statement isn’t true for USB-A either due to wattage differences. I left out voltage differences figuring that wouldn’t apply to most people, but the USB-A wall wart for my ThermoWorks Signals is 12 volts instead of 5 volts.

Honestly, I wish they were all the same as it would make life a bit easier. I wouldn’t have screwed up the last pork butt if I could have found the charger for my ThermoWorks Signals. My wife, figuring they were all the same, stuck it in a drawer in the laundry room. It took me and my three kids 20 minutes to find it because that wasn’t the normal place my wife would put wall warts.

Posts: 10931 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
My wife, figuring they were all the same, stuck it in a drawer in the laundry room.

LOL same problem at my house, wife that relocates my stuff....

Posts: 23421 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
For the record, the fast charging of the not-included but high capacity plug is WAY worth the hassle in getting it and cost. The speed is terrific.

For the car I've just never worried about it and use old USB-Lightning cords/adapters. There's no speed advantage coming off of 12V that I know of.

And the reason it's not included is to save the planet. Just Google how much they were able to reduce shipping size. All those extra container ship trips SAVED!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12413 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

wife that relocates my stuff
That reminds me. I'm pretty sure that I saw my wife around here someplace, just a day or two ago.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I use an induction pad regardless.

THIS ^^^^^

Haven't used a cord in years. Just drop it on the pad every night...
but I'm not a power user I guess and don't have to charge during the day.

It is pretty petty of them though I agree.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Not a huge fan of USB-C so far. I like that they are symmetrical, but they seem fragile.

I have to disagree.

I’ve found micro USB plugs and/or jacks to be finicky/fragile. But USB-C connectors are robust in my experience. I’ve never had even the slightest problem with them.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Bought the Apple Magsafe charger and the 20w AC adapter. Charged it from 80% to 100% this morning in abut 10 minutes.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Couple things here-

As it has been said, USB-C is much faster charging but most cars with a built in C port do not have much power behind it. They charge super slow regardless of A or C type.

I have several Apple C chargers from other devices but I bought an Anker charger for like $20. It is the same size as the old 5 watt cube but charges at 20 watts. That said, I think my new 13 has had a cable in it once or twice since I got it as I do wireless/magsafe charging for daily use.

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Not a huge fan of USB-C so far. I like that they are symmetrical, but they seem fragile.

+1
They are ridiculously fragile.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post