SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Appliance Company: No Call/No Show
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appliance Company: No Call/No Show Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Until I CALLED THEM on the day they WERE supposed to deliver nearly $10,000 worth of kitchen appliances and the person is like "Sorry we had blahh blahh blahh, excuse, excuse, excuse..." This was set up weeks ago and no one bothered to even take 30 seconds to leave me a message or send a text the day before, I took off work to be there. Mad

I'm in the middle of this with them on the phone and my wife says "GIVE ME THAT PHONE" and proceeds to turn into a red-headed She-Hulk in front of me, holy crap. I think if she could, she would have reached through the phone and strangled this girl on the other end (the salesperson we had dealt with even!). Eek

Well that's the first and last time we will be using that company and they came highly recommended to us, it's just like this attitude of no one giving a F*CK has spread like a virus and infected everyone in the service industry. Frown

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Costco's "Concierge home delivery service" lost a wine refrigerator, delivery date came and went, nothing, it wasn't a vital delivery and with all the COVID crap at the time figured it was going to be late.

Two weeks later, I called, "Oh yeah we have it here, we couldn't find your address", which was on the package and order correctly. It was there the next day....

Total lack of care on their employees part, considering a few months before this same concierge service delivered a new built in oven, and installed it at the same address

Some people are just f'n lazy as shit...

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
actually getting what you expect when you are supposed to have it so 2013

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Sounds like another example of quiet quitting, or whatever the hell it’s called.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Well I think my wife scared the shit out of them because two Hispanic guys showed up today and very quickly and professionally installed the GE Cafe fridge, dishwasher and range and everything is perfect. Not a scratch or a dent anywhere. I gave them each $20

An hour later the owner of the appliance company calls me on his personal cell asking how everything was.

Delivery day screwup aside, I think we made out here, they stored this stuff for us for like 5-6 months free of charge and sent two installers. My original invoice only said “standard delivery” as my kitchen contractor was going to install them, but he’s done and gone now.

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Nice. Your wife should contract out this sort of thing to forum members. Sounds like she has a useful skill set.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Would you please have your wife call my wife? She is pissed! Refrigerator didn’t show up yesterday afternoon after they called to schedule the delivery window… Eek

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Well I think my wife scared the shit out of them because two Hispanic guys showed up today and very quickly and professionally installed the GE Cafe fridge, dishwasher and range and everything is perfect. Not a scratch or a dent anywhere. I gave them each $20

An hour later the owner of the appliance company calls me on his personal cell asking how everything was.

Delivery day screwup aside, I think we made out here, they stored this stuff for us for like 5-6 months free of charge and sent two installers. My original invoice only said “standard delivery” as my kitchen contractor was going to install them, but he’s done and gone now.

Them installing it was the least they could do. I got mad myself hearing you spent $10,000 and not a courtesy call before the delivery date saying they weren't going to make it.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post